“Horrible Customer Service/Management”

Salvetti's Italian Grill
Ranked #20 of 144 Restaurants in Ocean Springs
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Telephone Number: 228-875-7071
Hattiesburg
“Horrible Customer Service/Management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

The owner/manager preferred to argue with me when I mentioned my concern for paying $14.95 for about a cup of pasta, side order. She was rude and didn't take into consideration that her server communicated the menu wrong. Very disgusted with the horrible attitude. I don't know how she stays in business. Food was average, at best.

• Visited March 2013

Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States
“Always fresh food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Salvetti's is the best Italian food around. They always have good, fresh food that seems like it is prepared to order. Their wait staff is friendly and helpful. Recommend the salad with the house dressing. There is not a dish on the menu that I would not order, all good. The pizzas are great also.

• Visited March 2013
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
“Smalln but good atmosphere and great pizza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We decided to try Salvetti’s at its new, smaller location after moving from the much larger one further down on Highway 90. I knew about its location and that it had limited tables, which is fine with me. A lot of people simply get take-out, but we decided to stay there and have some wine, as well.
We arrived and the place was busy. We sat at the last available table and were promptly given menus and we order two glasses of Pinot Noire. The menu has baked Italian specialties such as Lasagna, Chicken and Veal Parnassian, and Baked Ziti. There are also salads, Italian dishes such as spaghetti, ravioli, seafood dishes, and different types of Pizza. There is a good wine list and multiple types of beer are served. The waitress was very friendly and attentive, and brought our wine quickly.
After looking at the menu and wanting to try basically everything, we decided on the New Yorker Pizza. It had Italian Sausage, Pepperoni, Mushrooms and Jalapenos. We got the large, which is 18”. By this time, people were not only sitting at outside tables on the sidewalk, but were lined up waiting for any table to come available. So they were very busy.
The pizza arrived in a timely manner and we ordered a second glass of wine. The pizza was huge! I guess our eyes were bigger than our stomachs. It was also delicious. The crust was crispy and the toppings were fantastic. We each had two slices and took half the pizza home with us. We received our check and paid and didn’t feel like we were rushed at all. I’m looking forward to trying one of their other Italian dishes, but based on my first experience, I recommend. Enjoy!

• Visited January 2013
florida
“Very tasty and affordable authentic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Went for lunch. Friendly staff. We had shrimp scampi and chicken parm and it was real good. My sense is that if you think Olive Garden is the best place on earth, then you might not like this. This is more real Italian. Didn't eat the pizza, but the slice size looked huge. Small hole in wall spot in a shopping center, nothing fancy. They serve fresh warm bread and garlic butter with your entree.

• Visited November 2012
Gallatin
“Good food in small place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Great Italian food. Not a fancy place but for a quick meal or take out it's fine. Try the fried eggplant as a starter. All the main dishes are good.