“I'm happy.”

Castaways Bar & Grill
Ranked #64 of 152 Restaurants in Ocean Springs
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Why settle for okay? Eating out should be buying happiness. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful. My original server and 2 others checked on me constantly. The fried shrimp with Thai chili sauce was outstanding. My shrimp poboy (I didn't finish it) was great with the correct bread and was nicely dressed. Not big but neither was the price. Good fries, too. I really want to come back this week which says a lot. If I had to complain about something it would be the temperature of the draft beer. Could be colder.

1  Thank gtonic63

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife wanted to try it out. I went along for the ride. Not a good ride. Food was ok but small portions & big prices. It is what it is.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

A group of 5 of us were driving by and decided to stop in for lunch, What a pleasant surprise, we ordered everything from a burger, shrimp possible boy, chicken wrap to stuffed mushrooms and fried pickles. The atmosphere is typical bar scene, as an ex smoker I noticed the smoke immediately. Fortunately we came in when there was only a few people, so the smoke wasn't bad,

The waitress was very attentive and was also the bar tender. It took a while for us to be served, but it seemed fresh, The burger and chicken wrap were so large that we brought home half of the sandwiches, The burger was great. The fries,both regular and steak cut appeared to be frozen. The shrimp po boy was ok, the sauce was so so , while the shrimp were small there were cooked perfect . The best part of the meal was the stuffed mushrooms, stuffed with plenty of tasty crab dressing, delish. The price was very reasonable.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Everyone was right. The burger is great and the staff is friendly..,if you can survive the smoke. I suppose to a smoker this place is great. But to a nonsmoker it is overwhelming. I was embarrassed to go back to work because of how badly my clothes smelled of stale smoke. I have to say that unfortunately I will not go back and would not recommend it to my nonsmoker friends.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The first time I went to Castaways was because they had 25 cent oysters, then I found the bar food to be great. Although the smoking was irritating there always seemed to be an open table where it wasn't bad. However the last two times I have gone there the quality seems to be going down a little, I hope this isn't a trend and was just a fluke. Most times we have ordered only the appetizers and been blown away, two of their menu items that stand out are the grilled rubens on marbled rye with pleny of saurkraut, and the fish and chips, both are wonderful. Depending on the time of year the outside seating is very fresh and the wait staff usually keeps your drinks full.