“Nice Hotel but bad Supervisor?”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Biloxi
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Ocean Springs
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel except of a incident during my saturday breakfast. The person at the front desk Dede was working in the breakfast area to ensure all the guest had what they needed. As soon as she started stocking things another staff (I assume the supervisor) named Gary yelled at her and said to get back behind the desk because I don't want to do your #$%#ing job. You would think Gary would have then started taking care of breakfast but he instead just left and started doing something outside. I don't know why he thought cussing at a coworker in front of guests was a good idea. I also don't know why she shouldn't get the guests what they need for breakfast. Dede was very friendly and I felt sorry for her having to work with such a jerk. I later again saw Gary cussing at the housekeeping for doing their job, it wasn't very pleasant to have to watch this kind of ridiculous behavior. If you decide to stay here it will be a good experience just avoid Gary.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear Ashley K,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are deeply sorry for the treatment of our employee. This is unacceptable behavior and have taken care of the issue. We feel that is important to treat our employees with the up most respect. From your review it seemed that this was not going on. We are very sorry. We are very sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Thank you for your review. Without it we would not be able to make the necessary changes to our hotel to make it better for you, and for future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Biloxi

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I got a good rate on Hotwire's "more hotels" option (where they reveal the hotel name). Still got a good rate.

Arrived at night, so didn't really get a good look at the outside of the property. We had traveled 10 hours - from 120 miles west of San Antonio - so we were quite tired. I say that to say this: When we walked into the lobby we were practically verbally accosted by the male front desk clerk. He was very perky, VERY loud. NOT what we wanted when walking in at 10 pm after 10 hours of driving. After loudly welcoming us to the inn, he should've read our body language and lack of response to his greeting along with his little' joke', "I'll need $50 dollars cash payable to ME for your check in." SO funny. NOT!!! He kept up the loud voice and silly, annoying quips. Please, buddy, just cool it and let us check in and be done with it. PLEASE!!! Also, he badly needed a shave!!!

The inn: It was nice enough. The room was nice, cool, well-enough appointed. Mini-frig and microwave which we didn't use. Good internet connection! Nice, clean bathroom, BUT the roughest, thinnest bath linens I've felt in YEARS!!! Unpleasant washing and drying with those sandpaper-like things! Also, there was a little counter top tent-style sign giving the 'prices of linens and bedding items' in the room. One can 'take' the ones in the room and be charged after leaving OR purchase them at the front desk. Example: Pillow $20. Everything in the room that was easily removed had a price tag associated with it. It's the first time I've seen such, but in their defense, they must have a theft problem. I'm sure the sign alleviates the problem for the inn. But, I can't imagine anyone wanting the bath linens, unless they need car wash rags.

The bed was a little soft and low quality. I could feel the springs. The pillows were decently comfortable down-style. The sheets were low thread count, but at least they weren't sand paper.

The shower was clean and nice, but the drain was backing up quickly. I'm not a fan of standing in others' drain water from the previous day, so I allowed the tub to empty and plugged it for my shower. I don't like standing in my drain water, much less someone else's!!!

Nice, clean public bathroom off the lobby area near the pool!

Also, I appreciated the hot coffee/tea bar in the lobby! I had a late night cup and read the USA Today paper on the coffee table. Nice late night wind down.

There aren't half stars on TA, so I didn't mind rounding up my personal 2.5 score - mainly on the basis of the Gideon Bible on the counter. I haven't seen one of those in a hotel in YEARS!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear mzkmann,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns. We would like to apologize for the Front Desk attendant and also the problems with your room. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you at all. We appreciate guest feedback it allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied. Thank you for bringing these concerns to us. We appreciate your time.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Ocean Springs for a long weekend. The manager Gary was so kind and a hard worker. He was there from morning to night. We have stayed in several other Country Inn and Suites in the past and this one was average. The lobby was welcoming and the staff was so helpful. However, the room was not as clean as we usually expect from this hotel chain. The bed sheets did not fit the bed and they were marked with brown magic marker in the corner. The bedding seemed old and I would have preferred the double sheeting that other hotels offer. The bathroom had nice updates but the ceiling was rusty and moldy over the shower area. The breakfast was decent but again, not as nice as we are use to with the hotel chain. While they did have various choices each day the eggs and oatmeal were cold. The waffles are great though. The location is right off the interstate and located about 10 minute drive to the casinos in Biloxi. We booked the restaurant package that included a 20$ gift card to Olive Garden and a room upgrade. However due to occupancy we were not upgraded in our room. That was ok because we were fine with our King room. The room does have a small refrigerator and microwave as well as a flat panel t.v. We did not use the pool area but saw several families on their way to enjoy it. The pluses are great staff and location. The negatives are that the rooms might need some updating on cleanliness in shower areas and bedding, as well as an improvement in the breakfast area. I'm sure if I had complained the staff would have helped me but it wasn't a bother to me enough to say anything. I think next time we might spend more money and stay in Biloxi.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Brenda L,

Thank you so much for telling us of your stay. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns. We are sorry about your concerns about the bedding in your room, and the bathroom. We are sorry for any inconvenience that his may have caused you. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to our hotel to make it better for you, and for future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayes here for a late anniversary trip with our three kids and it was wonderful. We stayed in thr one bedroom suite it was awesome very roomy for all five of us. We love the room having two tvs and a door that closes from bedroom so that my husband I can watch our own shows and tge kids can watch their cartoons and we wouldnt be stuck watching spongebob all weekend lol. The hotel was very nice and clean and the employees was nice also. One thing that was wonderful that my daughter woke up and started her cycle I called the front desk that were able to accommodate her unlike other hotel chains we stayed at had to pay quite a bit for a few my husband and I really appreciated that. The one thing is that I wish the breakfast was a little better but who cares this hotel was awesome we will be back in October. Thank you Country Inns and Suites for help making our anniversary trip so memorable

• Stayed: July 2012
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Dear NikkiZachery,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We hope that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you and your family enjoyed your anniversary. Thank you for all of your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. They always enjoy hearing when they are doing a good job. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and for future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Great Location!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Beach and Casinos were only minutes away. The girl receptionist was very hospitable, and very friendly. The hotel room was very clean and very spacious. Since it is near the Highway, it is very very quiet. Very Nice hotel. It was very convenient to downtown Ocean Springs, which has awesome shopping and local galleries. Love every minute of my stay, will definitely stay here again. Thanks to all of the staff at Country Inn and Suites.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear GoldenNatchez,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate all your comments about the hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed you stay in Ocean Springs. We will pass all of your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Country inn & Suites Ocean Springs

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is a nice hotel that I would recommend. Very roomy and very clean. I loved having my own room and the kids had the living area with the pull out bed. I wasn't very impressed with the breakfast, but it was kept up and clean. The road noise seemed loud during the day, but not bothersome at night. It's off the beaten path a bit, but by no means inconvenient. The only negative thing that happened was we left out for the beach around 9 a.m. and got back at 4 p.m. and housekeeping hadn't been by. So, we had to go to the front desk to get clean towels for our room. I'm not sure what happened... we made sure not to put the "do not disturb" on door, so it's wasn't that. Overall, it was a nice place to stay and I'm sure from reading all the other reviews that this was not typical of this hotel. I would say that when programming your GPS, use the city of Vancleave instead of Ocean Springs.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Dear TLK0254,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments. Thank you for telling us about your experience with Gary. We are will pass these great comments on to him. Our staff always like to hear when they are doing a good job. We are so glad that you stayed with us and that we could accommodate you. Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

We spent 2 nights at the Country Inn & Suites Ocean Springs. The hotel was clean and in a great location. I was apprehensive about the road noise, since the hotel is right off the interstate. But for the 2 nights we were there, it was very quiet. Gary, on the front desk was quite a character, very friendly, and always took the time to say good morning. The location was very easy to get to downtown Ocean Springs and their beach park. And the Biloxi casinos were just over the bridge. New Orleans is just 90 minutes away, easy day trip. Thank you for your hospitality, and making our first trip to MS a memorable one.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TLK0254
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Dear TLK0254,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay. We are so glad that we could accommodate your first trip to the area. We are so glad that you chose us to stay with. Our guests are our number one priority. Thank you for mentioning our staff member Gary. We are so happy to carry these comments on to him. Our staff members always like to hear when they are doing a good job. Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocean Springs
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#19 of 47 in Biloxi
Motel 6 Biloxi/Ocean Springs

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Biloxi? Share your experiences!