“Love what they are doing to the place”

Super 8 Ocean Springs Biloxi
Super 8 Ocean Springs Biloxi
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Ocean Springs
Reviewed March 24, 2009

I have stayed here a few times, it is nice to see that they are redoing some of the things.
New beds were great, vaniteys are wounderful, the staff informed that they are going to be painting next, then replacing the flooring, they have a long job ahead of them
iIt is a convient place to stay close to the attractions, but far enough away that you get a good rate, and don't have to deal with all the traffic.

Only about 5 min to Biloxi.
Will be going back

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 2, 2009

January 1st. and 2scd.
Host was extremely nice ,helpful, and friendly.Very clean ,everything in our room was comfortable cannot complain .micro,refrig ,blow dryer,coffee maker , a safe ,bathroom was spacious,cont. breakfast awesome,parking lot video camera felt safe.price was reasonable slept like a baby.cannot wait to come back. planning another trip soon.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ldupre2
Reviewed August 18, 2008

I stayed here with a friend and my 2 children who are in their early teens. I was impressed at how clean the room was. It had a pleasant smell. The staff was very nice. Always helpful when needed. We arrived in town 4 hours before check in. We decided to ask the staff what time we could check in and they checked us in immediately! There is a small pool in the front of the hotel. I never saw anyone in it although it appeared to be very clean. The a/c worked VERY well. There was a free continental breakfast which consisted of Krispy Kreme donuts, bagels, mini muffins, cereal, toast, milk, orange juice, apple juice and coffee. There are only 2 things I was not completely happy with. The fee for the safe, whether you use it or not, bothered me. But as my friend who stayed with me said, it is only a buck. The other thing was the bed. I had a room with 2 double beds and one of the beds appeared to be lopsided. It seemed one corner of the bed was higher than the other corners. It was not noticeable when I laid on the bed and I slept very well. Maybe I got the place on a good weekend, I don't know, but my children and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2008

I traveled with a friend and statyed at this property. The room was dark, dank and smelly. Even though we were in a non-smoking room, it smelled of smoke and had cigarette burns in the bedspread. We had no other alternative other than to stay here because of the fact that no other motels had an opening that allowed pets. The staff was friendly enough but on our last day, I fell in the room and broke my foot. I have since been attempting to work with the manager on any insurance coverage for my injuries. She has continued to stae that I would be contacted by her ins. carrier but I have not yet been contacted and am having to resort to finding an atty. There were also many foreign speaking and unsavory people who were obviously living in the rooms surrounding us. I did not feel safe at night.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2008

We made a last-minute decision to visit friends in Ocean Springs, MS and shopped around until we decided that this Super 8 had the best price using AAA rate. There are actually several Super 8 properties in the Biloxi/Ocean Springs area. By comparison to the others we saw during our travels, we made the best choice by staying at this particular location. Our arrival was delayed an awful rainstorm on I-10 and we didn't check in until nearly 11:00 pm. At night, lobby access is locked-up and you can only check in by speaking to the desk clerk through an outside window. We really didn't feel safe standing in line behind a bunch of strangers this way at all. The evening desk clerk was ready to end her shift so the night auditor could take over, but she was friendly and professional, and drew my attention to the fine print on the registration card about a $1.00 + tax fee for use of the in-room safe. I've been burned by these surcharges before, so I took her suggestion and specifically asked to have it waived. Needless to say, both the night auditor and the daytime manager who checked us out disregarded this and tried to charge me anyway. It took me half an hour of standing in line just to get a $1.07 refund. I felt like a complete idiot, but really it was the principle of the thing. Why go to the trouble of asking me if I want the fee waived if you're going to bill me anyway? As for the room, it offered a decent array of cable TV choices and had suitable amenities for a long-term stay. There is a small pool located near the front entrance that was already full by early morning. The location is very convenient to I-10, downtown, restaurants and beaches. We might consider staying at this property again if the rates remain competitive.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank BuickMackane
Reviewed February 27, 2008

I guess you get what you pay for, but I've stayed in other Super 8 motels that didn't show the neglect that the Oceans Springs Super 8 does. The condition of the motel, inside and out, was poor. Stains on the walkways and stairs and dents in the walls inside and out. I chose it because the motel was within two miles of my brother's home and despite the conditions, I stayed four days.
Although my bed was made each day and the used towels replaced, no other attempt was made to clean the room. Crumbs dropped on the floor and dresser on the first day were there on the second day. I suspect they'd have been there on the fourth day if I hadn't used scotch tape to "vacuum" them up. The light bulb in the bath burnt out the morning of the second day. I assumed it would be noticed and repaired by the cleaning crew; at my request it was replaced on the fourth day.
At checkout, there was a previously undisclosed security fee of a dollar a day for the use of a room safe. I assume it's Wyndham corporate policy; they've been blasted many times for similar behavior. As I explained to the clerk, customers should be informed of the charge up front and, more importantly, if you're going to charge a fee, make sure you can provide the service. The safe in my room wouldn't lock because the keypad was broken. I hadn't intended to use it anyway, so I hadn't complained. I was still charged the fee.
Do yourself a favor; stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2005

We stayed here only because we had to, as everything else in town was booked up. We did not sleep a wink, and when we called management, they acted like we should just be expecting that type of thing. No soap, shampoo, conditioner, or anything else. The front desk person told us this very unapologetically and rudely. The room looked like it had been transplanted from 1991. It smelled really sour, and I was afraid to take my shoes off.

I guess I should just say, "Hey, it's a Super 8. I should have known better." But...I had to warn you.

• Stayed: May 2005
#39 of 47 in Biloxi
Travelodge - Ocean Springs
Travelodge - Ocean Springs
#7 of 9 in Ocean Springs

Been to Super 8 Ocean Springs Biloxi? Share your experiences!