“My room at the Super 8”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Ocean Springs
Athens, Georgia
“My room at the Super 8”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I understand this was not a five star hotel but this was worst than a normal cheap cheap hotel the bathroom had hair in it the pillows was stinking the funiture was low budget and i think the price should be lowered to at least $45 a night plus tax we accidentally over slept from being out all night gambling and they harassed us so we rushed out of the room half dressed this hotel should be burned down!! Never again will i sleep "cheap" it was not worth the price the next one will be five star and ps the lady who worked on the weekends in the blue car you are fantastic you deserve a raise Its not your fault that hotel sucked.

Room Tip: when you go inside the room hold your breathe
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laverne K
oceanspringssuuper8, Manager at Super 8 Ocean Springs Biloxi, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
MS Laverne, Hi my Name is Mary I am the Manager of the Super 8, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay, and the condition of the room, I do appreciate the comment on the desk clerk I shall inform her of it. I am sorry that you felt rushed out of the room, we do call guest a little after check out time to see if they are staying another night this is done so if we have the room assigned to another guest, we can get the reservation moved and try to accommodate any special requests that the guests have. I am sorry if the clerk was rude to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 14, 2011

At exit 50 Ocean Springs. The room was dirty, comforters were dirty and very outdated. This motel has only been open for a short time. It was a horrible experience. We went to Motel 6 - accross the street and it was much nicer, cleaner and even saved about $10.00. We were there for 7 days, just could not stay at Super 8!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Angela G
Reviewed March 19, 2011

The lady up front was nice. The wi-fi is good. The room smells a little. Room is a good size.

• Stayed March 2011
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed September 16, 2009

Although the desk clerk was friendly enough, the facility, beyond the lobby was horrible. The room was filthy. It was so obvious that the room hadn't been vacuumed - hair all over the bathroom floor, lint and threads visible on the carpets. The toilet and the sink did not look clean. The coffee pot had obviously not been cleaned in a very long time. I went to bed hoping the sheets had been changed - but wasn't sure.
The bed was terribly uncomfortable. Restless sleep all night long.
The HVAC only blew cold air - way too much cold air - and right at the head of the bed. There was no way to change the air direction except to block it with a chair. You could see into the unit and see it was full of trash and dust.
The room smelled bad. My sinuses were upset. This was supposed to be a non-smoking room, and I am sure it has been - but it is dusty, musty and filthy!
Breakfast was extremely minimum. The food counters were dirty. Parking lot is filthy.
Only good thing: the internet was very fast and free.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank klipspringer
alabama
Reviewed March 24, 2009

I have stayed here a few times, it is nice to see that they are redoing some of the things.
New beds were great, vaniteys are wounderful, the staff informed that they are going to be painting next, then replacing the flooring, they have a long job ahead of them
iIt is a convient place to stay close to the attractions, but far enough away that you get a good rate, and don't have to deal with all the traffic.

Only about 5 min to Biloxi.
Will be going back

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Houma,louisiana
Reviewed January 2, 2009

January 1st. and 2scd.
Host was extremely nice ,helpful, and friendly.Very clean ,everything in our room was comfortable cannot complain .micro,refrig ,blow dryer,coffee maker , a safe ,bathroom was spacious,cont. breakfast awesome,parking lot video camera felt safe.price was reasonable slept like a baby.cannot wait to come back. planning another trip soon.

• Liked — price,clean,safe
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ldupre2
Florida
Reviewed August 18, 2008

I stayed here with a friend and my 2 children who are in their early teens. I was impressed at how clean the room was. It had a pleasant smell. The staff was very nice. Always helpful when needed. We arrived in town 4 hours before check in. We decided to ask the staff what time we could check in and they checked us in immediately! There is a small pool in the front of the hotel. I never saw anyone in it although it appeared to be very clean. The a/c worked VERY well. There was a free continental breakfast which consisted of Krispy Kreme donuts, bagels, mini muffins, cereal, toast, milk, orange juice, apple juice and coffee. There are only 2 things I was not completely happy with. The fee for the safe, whether you use it or not, bothered me. But as my friend who stayed with me said, it is only a buck. The other thing was the bed. I had a room with 2 double beds and one of the beds appeared to be lopsided. It seemed one corner of the bed was higher than the other corners. It was not noticeable when I laid on the bed and I slept very well. Maybe I got the place on a good weekend, I don't know, but my children and I would stay there again.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Safe fee
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocean Springs
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#39 of 47 in Biloxi
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Biloxi - D'Iberville

Been to Super 8 Ocean Springs Biloxi? Share your experiences!