“Great Place For Breakfast”

Bayview Gourmet Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 146 Restaurants in Ocean Springs
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Florence, Kentucky
“Great Place For Breakfast”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

During my last visit to Ocean Springs I ate breakfast at the Bayview Gourmet Restaurant twice. I was tired of eating at chains and wanted to eat at a local restaurant. It was an excellent decision. You can choose between standard breakfast fare such as eggs, bacon, and toast, or you can choose more complex dishes. You could eat something different every day for a month. On our first visit I had an omelet, and my wife had biscuits and gravy. On the next visit I had a quiche. My daughter had the shrimp and grits, and a friend had the bananas foster Belgian waffles. The restaurant is not fancy, but has a small town atmosphere. The food is great. I would definitely eat there again.

• Visited May 2013

“Excellent brunch!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful first time experience! Food was great and service was excellent during a busy after church Sunday. Parking can be a little crowded but plenty of spaces available across the street at the train depot. Will def be going back.

Gulf Breeze, Florida
“Best brunch close to Biloxi”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

If you are in Biloxi this cute little place in Ocean Springs is worth driving to. Only minutes away from all the casino's. Big plates with all types of foods from; bananas foster Belgium waffles, fried oysters rockefellar benedict, to sandwich wraps. The food may sound famcy but they have an at home atmosphere. Our server was Brittany and she was very friendly and so were her co-workers.

Ocean Springs, Ms.
“Overall experiences”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Have been here several times now and it's the same each time. First off pulling into the parking is no fun. If you are handicapped this is not the place for you. Limited handicap parking and spaces not marked off so you have to let your disabled person out before you park. Next don't rely on the railings to much for support, they are old, loose & unpainted you will get splinters. Now for the service & food. Once you get seated, sever gets your drinks right away. Then you wait to get an order in. The food is okay however they try to over do it with spices. overpowers the flavor of the food. During the meal sever comes by to check how everything is, but then if you need refill on your beverage they are nowhere to be seen. Service is the down fall side of a good restaurant. The coffee is really bad, don't know what brand they use, but it's bitter. Coffee from McDonalds is better.

• Visited December 2012
Tracy S, Owner at Bayview Gourmet Restaurant, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Sir,
I am disappointed to here of your bad experience at my restaurant. I wanted to let you know that I do have signs for handicap parking and a ramp. The banisters are not loose and are plastic at the ramp and sealed at the entrance. Not sure where you noticed loose rails and splinters. I would like to know why you came to this conclusion. Also, my food is not seasoned at all and other than the hollandaise which requires chili powder in the recipe no food has added spices. I use an Italian Lavazza coffee that is shipped in. You are my first complaint in 16 years on having a bitter coffee. I appreciate your concerns on the service and will address this with my staff. I am available to here your concerns at the restaurant and wish you had talked to me before posting a negative review that stays online forever. Thanks, Tracy Stanley, owner 228-313-1929.
Miami
“Breakfast food over easy”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Was referred by a local this morning. Clean restaurant nice variety. We had the shrimp and crab omelet which was tasty. The food was not served hot even though the restaurant was empty.
The hash browns were awful, tasteless, the homemade biscuits were very good. We asked for a side of turkey sausage and have never been so disappointed. It looked like a hockey puck and probably tasted like one also. It was extremely overcooked, and totally tasteless. I couldn't eat it.
The bacon slices and grits were good. The coffee was nothing to write home about. Overall a fair average place.