“Good lunch place, nice view”

McElroy's on the Bayou
Ranked #14 of 144 Restaurants in Ocean Springs
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family Owned Seafood Restaurant ~ Serving Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Beautiful waterfront view with overhanging live oak trees looking over Fort Bayou in Ocean Springs. Lunch & Dinner specials during the week, Happy Hour every day from 4pm-7pm & Banquet Rooms available for Special Occasions.
“Good lunch place, nice view”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had a very late lunch on a Monday. There were only a few people in the restaurant, but due to the time and the day, didn't think much of it. The food was good, but I've had other meals at other restaurants that I have enjoyed more. Overall, it was a good place for lunch. Enjoyed the view.

• Visited January 2012

Biloxi, Mississippi
“Not the same”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Just average fried seafood...so many other great places to eat. Used to eat at McElroy's in Biloxi before Katrina and really enjoyed it, but it's not the same. They just re-opened their Biloxi restaurant about a month ago. Also located just off the bridge in Ocean Springs.

Visited July 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We ate at McElroys several years ago and liked the food, so after a 9 hour drive I was ready for peel and eat shrimp which I of course expected to be fresh. However the shrimp had a strange texture and flavor. After trying several of the 25 small shrimps I asked the waitress if they were fresh. I didn't get a warm fuzzy answer but she took them back. Asked if I wanted anything else and I declined as my husband had his shrimp which were not peel and eat. Waitress said no charge for my meal and dessert free. Bread pudding was excellent but my husband's cheesecake was tasteless. Not the waitress' fault at all and she handled situation well. Not sure I'd give this another try though.

Visited November 2012
Biloxi, Mississippi
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The decor seems like a family cafe. View on patio is nice if you come during daylight hours. The waitress was very sweet. BUT the food is not worth the money. The average dinner price is 19.95. the salad was limp lettuce with two slices of cucumber and two tomatoes. No bread is served. Only a basket of crackers and butter. My husband had fried shrimp and I had the seafood platter.The batter they use is VERY thick coating. They seriously need to use a thin batter coating that barely covers the seafood so that you can appreciate the taste. The cocktail sauce was thick, lumpy and bland. How do you mess up cocktail sauce? It is only ketchup mixed with horshradish. It is supposed to be creamy and very zesty..... I have heard this location has good breakfast. But stay away during lunch and dinner! Half Shell Restaurant a mile down in Biloxi is so much better....

• Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Oysters on the half shell!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stopped during happy hour for a couple beers and oysters. The oysters were great! Large and tasty. Price was very reasonable for a dozen. The seafood gumbo was really good too. We had a nice server. The place was pretty empty for a Friday night but it was early. We'd stop there again for oysters.

Visited September 2012