“Good Breakfast”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Good Breakfast”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I had blueberry pancakes and eggs. It was very good and smelled wonderful. Good service. Seemed to draw in a good crowd but comfortable atmosphere.

• Visited May 2014

Columbus, Mississippi
“Pleasant Surprize!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The wife and I walked down Government street looking for a breakfast spot. She said, Look they serve breakfast here. The place looked very upscale and wait staff was dressed in black and white. I said to myself...Oh know a hundred dollar breakfast! But to my surprise, there seemed to be no dress code, so we walked right in. Everything was perfect! Food was excellent and the wait staff first class. My check $28.00...can't hardly eat at the Waffle House for that.

• Visited June 2014
Biloxi, Mississippi, United States
“Great lamb kebabs”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I don't normally eat lamb but this restaurant knows how to cook it properly.

This restaurant is a little pricey but it is worth it for a little indulgence once in a while.

Parking can be tough to find around the restaurant. Expect to have to walk a little bit.

I have eaten here several times and have always been satisfied.

Ocean Springs, Mississippi
“Great tasting and fresh food”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I eat at the Phonecia on a regular basis for one reason..the food is great! I typically get one of the fresh fish dishes and my wife is in love with the Chicken Shwarma. Whenever we are in the mood for some good food at reasonable prices this is where we eventually end up. The wait staff is generally pleasant and the atmosphere is nice. It's a nice place to go on a dinner date and I can say I have never had a bad meal here.

• Visited May 2014
Sterling
“Hype, Hype, but no Hoorah.”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

In town for a family celebration and chose Phonicia Gourmet, Big mistake. First we learned that they don't have a liquor license. According to locals it's because "they don't want the hassle with the city." Whatever? They will let you bring your own and charge you a corkage fee. Fine, but when you're traveling, having to shlep your own bottles around is more trouble than it's worth even when the place is great. Totally not worth it when it's as mediocre as we experienced especially for the prices they charge.

We arrived early and there were only two other tables of patrons. They had a list of "specials" that was as long as the menu, at least eight or nine by my count. Seriously, if you have that many how special can they be? Unfortunately our waitress had not written any of them down, and kept losing her place because every time the front door opened she stopped talking to make a full turn of her head to see who came in. Then she would stop and have to be reminded by us what she had told us already. We ordered our meals, no appetizers becasue we were expected somewhere but we had arrived with an more than an hour and a half to spare so thought that would be enough time. None of us ordered anything difficult but a full half hour later were still waiting for our food. When it arrived it was cold. The food had good flavor but it was cold and with only a dozen or so people in the place you should be able to put out a hot meal in a reasonable amount of time. I can't imagine how long you have to wait....with out a cocktail no less, when the place is packed.

We ate our cold food in haste so we could depart quickly and make our event. One in the party stayed behind to take care of the check while the rest of us went ahead. He asked for a box for two of the entrees but never got them and never saw the server again. He even asked the hostess to find her but after waiting another ten minutes had to depart or miss the event entriely.

Very disappointing after all we had heard and read. Will not be repeating when in town for the next family gathering or celebration. There are too many great places on the coast where service is consistent, food is great and served hot that we will look forward to enjoying on the next trip to town.

Visited April 2014