“Delicious Breakfast”
Review of Phoenicia Gourmet

Phoenicia Gourmet
Ranked #7 of 146 Restaurants in Ocean Springs
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Somerville, Alabama
“Delicious Breakfast”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We ate here initially because it was provided with our room at "The Inn". Needless to say the breakfast "special" is very good. We had the pancakes, eggs, and asiago grits (they are to die for).....We will definitely try their dinner next time we are in town. I love Greek food anyway

Visited December 2012
1 Thank bhwatson

Miami
“Great mediterranean lunch”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Reading the reviews made my mouth water and I was not disappointed. Excellent crab & artichoke soup. I could have this as my main meal, it is very filling. Very meaty and the artichokes were great tasting.
The beef schwarma dinner was very tender and the rice was excellent. The tabbouleh was very good also. I highly recommend this restaurant if you're in the mood for great Mediterranean food.

1 Thank denitrip
New Orleans
“Horrible Management, Bad Food”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

It happens - ordered a fish dish and the fish was bad..really bad. The very unpleasant hostess came to the table and said "whew, I can smell it from here".

My friends continued with their meals - none of them 'happy' with their selection and I decided to just pass and enjoy visiting with friends.

While there ANOTHER guest sent back Fish dish. They were still pushing the 'bad' fish.

NO Apology for serving bad food or for the horrible smell that remained at our table.

When I asked to speak to the mgr. Sam, who was standing at the front door - the hostess walked up to him, he walked out, she returned and said he had left for the day.

Check arrives and I'm charged $7.95 for the side salad that came with the BAD FISH lunch that I didn't eat - hostess said manager said I ate most of the salad and "spinach is not free" and I was also charged about $2 for a cup of coffee.

I paid for the coffee and refused to pay for a half eaten salad - my agreement was for a full meal. The hostess said "I'll probably lose my job for this". She's been there for years - She and Sam are obviously on desperate times and their guests are getting the worst for it.

• Visited December 2012
“Wonderful meal...friendly staff!!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place for a nice breakfast, lunch or dinner. You really can't go wrong at any meal. Service is fast and friendly. This is definitely my new favorite breakfast spot in town!!

1 Thank kristynl2012
Oceanside, CA
“Best Artichoke/Crab Soup”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband had a late lunch here and were told by one of the local merchants to have the artichoke/crab soup and were not disappointed. It was wonderful. We also ordered an appetizer of coconut shrimp that came with two wonderful dipping sauces. The hummus and pita plate they automatically bring to your table was a welcome surprise. When we are next in the area we will return to this restaurant. My suggestion is to order only the cup which would have been a bowl anywhere else.

• Visited November 2012