“worth the drive from Meridian”

Zack Garvin's Original Steak House
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Newton
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
“worth the drive from Meridian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Zack Garvin's is my favorite steak restaurant in the Meridian area. Definitely worth the drive.

The fried green tomatoes smothered in cheese and bacon are wonderful. (Papaw's Fritters)

The steaks are always better than any that I get at the "fancy" steak restaurants in Meridian, and certainly better than those chain places. Although I have to say that the last couple I got weren't as good as I remember them being a few years ago. I'm going to chalk that up to just being a fluke. I hope they haven't changed the quality of the meat because they were always by far better than anywhere else around. (Even though they weren't quite as good as they used to be, they are still better than the other places around.)

The bread is great too and I love the strawberry butter.

Our biggest problem is that we usually order the tomatoes and start eating then we are full when the steaks come because the portions are HUGE.

Last time I checked, they were only open at night Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night so plan accordingly. And go early because they fill up fast. I see they are open for lunch now but I haven't tried their lunch yet.

They are a little more expensive and the atmosphere is family kitchen, definitely not romantic.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Rebecca B

“Very Good Food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I got a ribeye steak last time I went. I also love their fried green tomatoes, blooming onion, and the bread they bring you with strawberry butter.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Gloria N
Union, MS
“Work Party Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We had a great time. Food was very good. We had teaser pleaser platter appetizer that was good. Lots of different things were ordered. Fried catfish, chopped steak and ribeyes were main dishes and every one said they were great.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank 24Quinn
Decatur, MS
“Locally owned”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Zach's is locally owned and you always get a warm friendly greeting. The dining area has the same warm and friendly atmosphere. A great place for a night out. Service is attentive and food is delicious.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank revbtaylor
Mississippi
“Super Food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

It's a bit high but worth it. LOVE their appetizers. The friend green tomatoes are INCREDIBLE. The steaks are INCREDIBLE. . Desserts are INCREDIBLE. !

Visited October 2012