“Roadtrip overnight”

Holiday Inn Express New Albany
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in New Albany
Reviewed May 8, 2010

We pulled off the road after midnight, and got 2 non-smoking rooms at this hotel. Our family ended up on floors 2 and 3 because to have both rooms on the same floor non-smoking, we would have had to have had a handicap room. The thing I didn't like was that each floor was half smoking and half non-smoking, so the hallway still smelled like smoke. I prefer non-smoking hotels, or hotels that the entire floor is non-smoking. It is obvious that the place is older and has been remodeled. I thought they did a pretty good job, except the tiling in the bathroom the grout wasn't pretty. It looked like a diy project, not a professional. We were only at the place for about 8 hours total, so we didn't use the pool. But it isn't attached to the hotel at all, parking lot on all four sides. I hadn't seen a pool like that in awhile. The staff were the best part about this place. The late night check-in woman was so sweet. The breakfast lady was also nice, and the cinnamon rolls were wonderful. They didn't have any recycling at the hotel either, so we had to put our cans/bottles in the trunk of the car until we got to a place with recycling.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed March 29, 2010

This was my first stay at this hotel and I am always concerned about what I'll find when I get there. The staff were friendly and they were in the final stages of a renovation. I certainly would/will stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2010

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express earlier this week for a business trip. We had a very difficult find th location (we were given the wrong exit twice and the main entrance is not very well marked). When we finally arrived we were greated by a very sweet and welcoming front desk agent that promptly got us checked into our rooms. She gave us a few suggestions as to where we could go for dinner...although there wasnt much in the immediate area. We noticed a sign at the front desk that mentioned some hotel renovations in progress. When we asked where they were taking place she said "a little here, there and yonder." As we went to our rooms we found out that was just the case. The celing in the hallway had a large hole cut in it for an air vent. The bathrooms had patches of wall paper missing around the bottom of the walls. There was a large gap between the bathroom countertop and the sink basin. The room needed a good "pick-me up" all the way around. But I can easily say that the rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and the rate was very reasonable. I would return once the renovation was complete!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2009

I never stay at Holiday Inn Express, as they are usually surrounded by some kind of miserable urban sprawl and I prefer a place where I can walk somewhere to eat, drink, or sightsee. My employer reserved this place for me for a business trip and I loved it. Right off the interstate, but also just a couple of blocks from New Albany's very historic downtown. Shops, restaurants, and bars, but no strip malls, noise and traffic jams. The hotel was great too. Nice rooms and very helpful staff.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2009

Location was fantastic, right off the highway. Check in was a breeze. I had a reservation and we checked in late but no problem.

It is an older establishment and I think some things need a little work. The ice machine didnd't work on the second floor and I had to go to another floor for ice but that wasn't that big of a deal.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2008

While visiting relatives in northeastern Mississippi, we needed a place to stay for one night. I found the HIE in New Albany by doing a routine search on the Internet. We intended to stay in Tupelo that night, but the HIE New Albany was closer to our destination the next day. The room was well kept and clean, and the front desk attendant called our room shortly after we checked in to make sure that everything was satisfactory. The breakfast provided was very good. I also liked the location, since there were many gas stations and places to eat within a very short walk or drive. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through northern Mississippi, and we will definitely stay there again the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed February 28, 2008

We're passing through on a long road trip from California to Georgia, and we spent our last night on the road here. This is a pretty good place - we'd stay here again. It is an older property, and while it shows its age here and there, it is generally very clean and well maintained. The front desk was friendly - check in was swift and painless.

The wireless didn't work the night we arrived, so I was reduced to using a 21.6K dialup connection. The morning desk clerk reset the motel's modem the next day, and the wireless came on strong.

There is a burg/steak restaurant, in the style of Sizzlers, next door. Pretty good food, but no beer/wine.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Albany
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tupelo North
Concord Inn
Concord Inn
#1 of 2 in New Albany

Been to Holiday Inn Express New Albany? Share your experiences!