“Great hotel, poor staff” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn New Albany

Hampton Inn New Albany
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in New Albany
Key West, Florida
“Great hotel, poor staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was excited to see a new Hampton Inn at New Albany, MS. The hotel was great--relatively new. Rooms were nice. Should be a five star rating but the front desk staff made it not so good. Check in--good. Wish I had her name (checked in on 6/21/13) but while not great, it was good. As a Diamond Honors member, you t used to acknowledgement of that status, but that's okay. Anyway, the room--really nice. Felt new. And it was clean. But the next day, the front desk clerk, Lisa--I overheard her say that was her name, no name tag---spent over an hour on the phone with something personal, then spent over an hour and 45 minutes visiting with her friend who came in. I was working in the lobby and this was very distracting! Not to mention it doesn't look good for a hotel to have that happening. When we checked out on 6/23, she was typing a personal letter on the computer from a handwritten one and had little time to even ask if our room was okay. I'm surprised management would allow this unprofessional behavior at the front desk of a hotel that has a lot of potential. Would it keep me from staying there again? No--the upside made up for this but I would go in with no expectation of good customer service, especially if Lisa is working. The outside patio from the pool--a huge plus--it was great sitting out there. The breakfast room worker (wish I had her name) worked the hardest of any staff we saw working. Great job!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Olive Branch, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

clean rooms, friendly staff, and felt safe comining and going at odd hours. The only issue I had was that the house keeper knocked on my door, and called the room, despite the fact that I had the "Do Not Disturb" sign out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Room was pretty and very clean.
Staf was very friendly.
Breakfast was very good, enough to chose from and good taste.
Bed was very comfortable.
Only minor was that the hotel was hard to find with gps because it didn't find the coulter cove but the coulter drive. And this is 1/2 mile away from coulter cove.
We have a new Tom Tom so dat should not be the problem.
I would stay here again any time and recommend it to everybody.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ozark, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have never reviewed a hotel....but this one gets my time. Without a doubt the cleanest hotel I have stayed in. We were staying on the way home from vacation and it was just perfect. Nice staff....ultra clean rooms. Felt very safe. My only (and truly..it's my only) complaint is the internet speed. Very very slow but that could have just been the night. Wouldn't let it stop me from staying again. They are doing it right at this location!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is one of my favorite Hampton Inn locations. There’s not a whole lot happening in New Albany, MS. However, I stayed there a more than I did at home for business over six months. I was not impressed with the fitness center, but that is my opinion of most Hampton Inns. This particular Hampton was a home away from home and that is because of the superior staff. I came to know all the staff by name and enjoyed seeing them, talking with them and visiting with them every day. I haven’t been there for some time and I hope they are happy and healthy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

, We've stayed at Hampton Inn several times and just keep returning; like visiting an old friend! We feel comfortable and at home there. The rooms are always clean and comfortable and the staff are top notch. Anything you want or need; they will do their best to accommodate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Canton, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was pleased with the overal experience. I had difficulty with the internet. There needs to be a sign on the city streets directing access to the hotel. The clerks were very nice. The rooms were clean and fresh.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

No photo provided
Comfort Inn
#3 of 3 in New Albany
Americas Best Value Inn Pontotoc

Been to Hampton Inn New Albany? Share your experiences!