“It's not bad for the money”
Review of Hallmarc Inn

Hallmarc Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Albany
Hallmarc Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 New Albany B&B and Inns
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“It's not bad for the money”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I've stayed in worse! It really isn't that bad. I didn't see any bugs. Everything worked as it should except the key card. The clerk made sure the room I was in was on the other side of the building from where the construction workers staying for the week and was very apologetic when I returned a few moments later because the key card wouldn't work. My husband and I stayed for 2 weeks 3 years before in this hotel while visiting with family here during our honeymoon and I was quite pleased with the accommodations both times

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank TeresaAli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Alabama
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Understand that this is an independent roadside motel that caters to weary travelers, truckers and (in my case), snowed-in businessmen who really had no intention of even slowing down in this town, much less spending a night in it.

Having said that, I have paid a lot more money for a lot worse stays in my life.

The room is just a simple bed, a few pillows, a TV and a nondescript bathroom. The management skimps on the sheets (there is no fitted sheet; it simply lays on top of the mattress) and the cleanliness factor was not high. There isn't even a clock in the room. I didn't see any bugs, and the mattress passed the bedbug check, but I'm not sure I'd trust it for a lengthy stay.

However, I must give credit to the man working the desk that night. He was impossibly friendly for it to be 1 a.m. when the road finally closed and I was forced to stop at his little inn. He offered to help me carry my bags upstairs, as the steps were snow-covered. And once I got to the room and found the TV remote non-functional, he came to my room with a new remote, programmed it for me and offered to bring me a soda from his office. That's 5-star service no matter how meager your motel is.

Still, I would be remiss to note that one of the lamps continually flickered, and the bathroom fan sounded like a twin-rotor helicopter on takeoff. But as a place to lay my head in an emergency, it sure beat sleeping in the car.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ConStar8788
Holts Summit, Missouri
Reviewed September 22, 2010

We were passing through town and decided that we wanted to stop driving and find a cheap place to stay the night. I called all the hotels in this town and this one was by far the cheapest ($49 per night), so we decided to stay here because it looked alright from the outside. We got in our room and it was disgusting. There was a dead cockroach in the bathroom floor, a nasty hair on the side of the tub, a ring around the tub, the floors were dirty and the sheets looked nasty. There was also a live bug (not sure what it was) wiggling around on the floor in the bathroom. My husband went back to the office to complain and the lady gave us a different room. The key card did not work for that room, so he had to make another trip up to the office where she gave him a different room. While I was standing outside the 1st room waiting for him to return, I noticed cockroaches crawling up the side of the building. Whe he came back with the 3rd room key, we went into the room and I immediately found another dead roach on the bathroom floor. Needless to say, after that we were ready to get out of there!! The lady working in the office was very nice about the situation and ended up giving us our money back because we had our 16 month old daughter with us and my husband told her that it was not acceptable for her to stay there with all the roaches. After that, we left that town and headed on to the next town.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I am a truck driver & have a terminal located near this hotel so I stayed the night there. The next thing I knew was my company rec'd a call that I had been smoking dope in the room - I have never done drugs in my life. They wanted to charge me to fumigate the room because it smelled like smoke. It is a smoking room - hello!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business