“Great Wedding”

Bonne Terre Country Inn and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Nesbit B&B and Inns
“Great Wedding”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I just married the man of my dreams at the most incredible place on earth. Bonne Terre was perfect and the wedding planner Emily was so helpful. She helped me and my Mom make my wedding happen just as I'd dreamed and stayed below budget which made my Dad very happy. I wanted French Country Elegant and that is what I got. Thanks for the memory. Can't wait to come back for a stay with my HUSBAND . . . .

Room Tip: Dream your dream
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lee S

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Bonne Terre is just what the doctor or my husband ordered to relax for a few days. I can't believe how great I felt when We left. The bottle of wine we ordered at arrival helped. I napped and sat on the veranda and watched the ducks and birds and 3 different kind of woodpeckers. Dinner in Cafe was fabulous and breakfast was filling and yum. The employees we met were sweet and fun. I felt at home. I actually sat on my balcony in my pajamas. We will be back. E. Webster

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Erin W
Eads, Tennessee
Reviewed February 26, 2014

DO NOT CHOOSE THIS VENUE FOR YOUR WEDDING! We used Ashley Hall for our wedding reception. As the bride, I was HIGHLY stressed months before my wedding, worrying about this vendor. Upon our first visit there, the manager was VERY rude and VERY pushy. She made us feel very uncomfortable and we did not really want to choose this place, per her attitude. She did not give us a set price for the venue, she just kept pushing for us to 'tell her our budget' -- we felt so she could price the venue as high as she wanted. As we were somewhat between a rock and a hard place (Our chapel, near Bonne Terre, didn't have a reception venue) we opted to do business with Bonne Terre. I met with the female manager a few months before the event to have questions answered (mainly out of fear from other reviews I'd read online) so we could respect and meet all her wishes, hoping this would deter any issues. During this meeting, she was constantly making and answering calls the whole time. She even mentioned, at this meeting, that my event would be moved to the Cafe if XX amount of guests did not show up. Keep in mind, we'd made the deposit for Ashley Hall and had NOT heard of this possibility until this very moment. This concerned me, as we had chosen A Hall, not the Cafe. Weeks before wedding, I emailed the Bonne Terre staff several times and did not get a response. I finally had to call.....twice...to get my questions/concerns answered (final pricing, cake delivery concerns, decorations). That's when they informed me they booked another wedding same day as my reception and we needed to be OUT of the Hall by 4 on the dot! During our reception, several members of the other wedding party attempted to enter the Hall, thank goodness for my bridesmaid turning them around! On the day of our wedding, things went smooth...enough. The CD I gave them to play, was not played, dishes were dirty and we were charged for a parking attendant, no one ever saw. POOR MANAGEMENT!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
8 Thank Ssfowler82
Batesville, Arkansas
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife surprised me with an overnight trip here just after Valentines Day. I had absolutely no expectations or preconceived notions on what to expect. She, on the other hand was told that we should expect on of the best meals possible. Dinner was fine. Nothing spectacular but interesting and cooked perfectly. The service was outstanding and the owner personally came by to make sure we were happy. Our room was a bit cold (February) and upon reporting the problem, the owner immediately stopped working in the restaurant and got someone there on a Saturday night to fix the problem. Before he left, he brought a room heater to leave in our room just in case we felt like it was needed. He went beyond the call of duty to ensure our happiness. Additionally, upon check- in, his wife ( I'm assuming) was so very friendly and made us feel that we were welcomed there. After reading the poor reviews regarding service and attitude, I feel compelled to say that either you get the service you deserve, or they have read those reviews and taken them to heart. They were wonderful people!
Advice: Go in the springtime when you can enjoy the grounds because I image how beautiful it would be then.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skidocark
Horn Lake, Mississippi
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We can't thank Emily and the entire staff at Bonne Terre enough! Thank you so much for helping Chris and I out so much with our wedding. Thank you for making it such a GREAT wedding. You guys are really good at what you do. We had a lot of compliments about how beautiful the place was. The wedding was beautiful, everyone keeps telling us what a wonderful, beautiful wedding it was. Thank you once again Emily for everything, you're the BEST!!!

Chris and Jackie Anderson 11.23.13

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had my wedding here in October and it was fantastic. From the start of the whole process back in January to the actual day, was easy. EVERYTHING was taken care of (except for my flowers and decos). But everything that they agreed to do, they did it. The day of the wedding went so smoothly that we weren't even worried about the place at all. The food was amazing and it couldn't have went better. They will take care of you as long as you are a respectable couple who are very much in love :)

The scenery was perfect for photos and we have such a great time

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 25, 2013

After a long road trip, we spent a very relaxing evening at Bonne Terre. Emily and her husband were very accommodating and friendly. We got to meet all the Inn animals and received a guided tour of the property when we asked. We were not there when the Cafe was open but had a wonderful hearty breakfast to send us on the next leg of our trip. If you are looking for a relaxed, beautiful, peaceful place to unwind, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a porch - relaxing way to spend the evening. Take in the view and enjoy a favor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nesbit
Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven
Home2 Suites By Hilton Memphis - Southaven
Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
Fitz Casino and Hotel
Fitz Casino and Hotel
#4 of 19 in Tunica
Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel

Been to Bonne Terre Country Inn and Cafe? Share your experiences!