“Wonderful Wedding”

Ranked #1 of 1 Nesbit B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Wonderful Wedding”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had my wedding here in October and it was fantastic. From the start of the whole process back in January to the actual day, was easy. EVERYTHING was taken care of (except for my flowers and decos). But everything that they agreed to do, they did it. The day of the wedding went so smoothly that we weren't even worried about the place at all. The food was amazing and it couldn't have went better. They will take care of you as long as you are a respectable couple who are very much in love :)

The scenery was perfect for photos and we have such a great time

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 25, 2013

After a long road trip, we spent a very relaxing evening at Bonne Terre. Emily and her husband were very accommodating and friendly. We got to meet all the Inn animals and received a guided tour of the property when we asked. We were not there when the Cafe was open but had a wonderful hearty breakfast to send us on the next leg of our trip. If you are looking for a relaxed, beautiful, peaceful place to unwind, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a porch - relaxing way to spend the evening. Take in the view and enjoy a favor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2013

A month before my wedding they called to ask if I could change my wedding Time, they had double booked the chapel!!!! When I told them no that is not possible they got very rude acting as it were my fault they had double booked.
They never respond politely nor timely to anything, and for a bride to be that is very nerve racking. By the time we started having so many problems with then is was too late to look anywhere else!
The wedding day went smoothly, however your only allowed so many in the room, so if you have a large bridal party you need to rent multiple rooms to be able to get ready together, and that was not told until the day of.
Also the food at our reception was terrible, we paid 60-70$ per plate for a horrible salad, undercooked cold filets and extremely tasteless chicken. I was very disappointed in the food for price. The service people at the reception barely understood englise making it hard to have things fixed, and they were so slow some people were finished eating while some still didn't have food.

As for the honeymoon night stay, the room was hot we had to open the windows, then people were outside yelling all night from another gathering.
Breakfast was ok. Just ok!

Good luck with a wedding there.

Oh and my mom and dad paid for the wedding and she never remembered my moms name, how horrible to be spending over 4000$ and they don't know your name??

• Stayed October 2012
9 Thank khansen1
Meridian, Mississippi
Reviewed May 10, 2013

A sweet little country Inn. The facilities were not new but clean and cute. The staff was friendly to we guests and although my husband and I were there to attend a wedding it appeared that the staff went out of their way to be helpful. My husband witnessed one incident like some of the reviews have mentioned. It was an exchange between someone at the cafe and the groomsmen that did not seem necessary, where apparently the cafe person jumped to conclusions about the groomsmen and accused them of trying to steal beverages when actually they were waiting around on someone to show up so that they could pay. Other than that it was very pleasant and a sweet setting.

• Stayed April 2013
Brentwood, Tennessee
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Thank U Bonne Terre for making my wedding dreams come true. The only thing bad about my wedding was that it had to end. Everyone had a blast. The food was super fab and the folks working there even faber. Emily helped me with everything and she had all the right answers and made me relaxed the entire 5 months of planning and always made me laugh. She even gave me her private cell number towards the end so if I got nervous I could call her. I had a budget and she helped me keep it and still have my dream day. We just got back from our honeymoon and had loads of emails from guests telling me it was the BEST wedding ever. My Husband (still getting used to the sound of that) just booked 3 rooms in July to celebrate my big 30 birthday with best buds. Can't wait to go back and party.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Millicent C
Eads, Tennessee
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I re-newed our wedding vows and chose to stay here, due to great experiences in the past....Remember, I said "past". Upon arrival, we immediately walked into the Cafe' since our reservations were for 715-730. The owner got up from eating at the bar and asked if there were 2 ? I responded yes, and I'm also staying the night. He said, oh you must be the ^#$#$^&, well you're late. I said no, the lady who took my reservation said I could check in anytime and she knew I was re-newing my vows...no response. Then we ate dinner which was mediocre at best and we retired to our room. We were still up beat, which was to say, we were there for the experience not the food. As we began to wind down for the evening, I thought I would turn the gas fireplace on. Oops, it doesn't work....Ok I thought no worries.. As the night heated up I decided to turn the fan on...To my surprise it didn't turn on. So like most men I decided to pull a few chains that hung down from the top....hhhmmmm, well that doesn't work either.... again no worries. so, to some degree maybe it was a blessing that the fireplace didn't work, because I wouldn't have been able to cool off.. Next morning I decided to walk around and look over the place while my bride of 22 years was getting ready. I noticed that the landscaping had not been touched I guess since the last time I was there, which was about 5 or 6 years ago. I also took notice of the paint on the outside walls on the Inn's near the cafe. Each one was in much needed help of a paint job not to mention replacing the left double faux door to the left as you walk into the cafe. It was completly rotten at the bottom and a plant was hidding the damage. Breakfast was ok, but not a 5 star enjoyment, not even a star of hope. Maybe a falling star. If I were to rate the overall experience, I would say, very low. Due to the owner being rude and was not a very good waiter or host. The grounds need some serious TLC and the Inn's need some makeover's performed in order to get it back in shape...I guess they just wait til the summer leaves and bushes hide the blight that is eveidently present....Kurt H.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Kurt H
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Thought about planning a wedding at Bonne Terre. The grounds are beautiful. Chapel is precious and Ashley Hall is a great reception hall. HOWEVER- Emily is the worst person I have dealt with when wedding planning. She sucked the fun out of the Bonne Terre experience immediately. I wouldn't want any bride to be talked down to like we were. She is rude and terribly unorganized. She acted as if we just showed up unexpectedly- when in fact we had a scheduled appointment. An owner or anyone wanting business should never talk so condescending to a possible paying customer. I do not know how Emily has kept her position if she treats brides this way!!!!!! I thought it was a prank the way she was so unprofessional and quick to respond without listening to my simple and reasonable questions (that most any bride would ask.) For example- no rooms are provided for the bridal party to get ready for the big SPECIAL day. And when I asked the simple question on where they could get ready she answered as if I was crazy & dumb for thinking they would provide a designated area. Her communication skills are ridiculous and its unfortunate because Bonne Terre is beautiful but no way in the world would I pay money for somone like Emily to ruin the most important day that all girls dream about. The wedding will be somewhere much more pleasant with FRIENDLY staff unlike what was experienced at Bonne Terre. I can not imagine how any bride could work with such a poor spirited woman.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
15 Thank weddingevent12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nesbit
Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven
Magnolia Inn and Suites
Magnolia Inn and Suites
#13 of 17 in Southaven
Magnolia Grove Bed and Breakfast
Meadow View Farm Bed and Breakfast

Been to Bonne Terre Country Inn and Cafe? Share your experiences!