“Love this peace of paradise!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bonne Terre Country Inn and Cafe

Bonne Terre Country Inn and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Nesbit B&B and Inns
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Love this peace of paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I just came back from a long weekend at Bonne Terre. Most of my visit was with family in Memphis but I decided to stay in the "outskirts" of town. I found that the location to both the airport an downtown Memphis to be a breeze (20 minutes to Memphis, 15 mins to the airport). I remember turning into the driveway off of Church road feeling like I had stepped onto a movie set. The property is breathtaking and you immediately feel like you have been transported to a very special place. I certainly didn't feel like I was in Mississippi. The grounds are gorgeous. I am surprised at how few pictures the website has of the property because I feel like it's the biggest attraction to this place. The room I stayed in was the Heather suite. I enjoyed the location, it was in the back of the house and had views of both a private pond and the pool. I liked this because some of the rooms face the driveway and another beautiful pond but I like that my balcony was more private. I have never stayed at an Inn before so I was unsure of the "rules". I checked in after 7:30pm which worked out ok since the restaurant was still open. I am glad I didn't check in later or I wouldn't have had a room. I did see another couple trying to check in but the office had already closed for the day and the restaurant wasn't open yet so they didn't seem too pleased about waiting around for someone to help them. I only found a few things frustrating about my visit. The first was no one ever seems to answer the phone at this place. It took 2 days for someone to respond to a message I left to make a reservation and the evening I was coming in I called to let them know I was arriving after 7pm and no one answered the phone. I do understand that I called after office hours but the restaurant on site was open and no one answered the phone there either. I just found it strange that a place wouldn't respond to voice messages sooner and wouldn't have a way for customers to reach them at a reasonable hour of the day. The other thing was that almost none of the rooms have a TV. This is probably a good thing since the noise is probably too much for the buildings but it would have been nice to have had the option to watch at my discretion.The owners Bob and Emily were both very nice and accommodating. The breakfast that is included is awesome certainly not anything like a food service breakfast at a hotel. I walked the property and all the bedrooms. The entire place is completely charming. My husband and I thought this would be our first and last visit to the Memphis area and we have decided we would definitely make the trip again just to be able to go back to Bonne Terre. We fell in love with this place, thank you!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lovenlife77

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed at the Bonne Terre Inn twice now. My most recent stay was this spring 2012. Both times have been extremely relaxing and enjoyable. Bill and Emily are very hospitable and try their best to make your stay memorable and carefree. The grounds are spectacular and the rooms and meals only improve the overall experience. Bonne Terre is a gem that is perfect for a visit to nearby Graceland or Memphis.

Room Tip: Just ask for a recommendation on the type of room that would best suit your needs. They have a vari...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ZombieChief
Horn Lake, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

Bride and bridal party wass preparing for wedding on wedding day and employee walks right into room twice without knocking and instructed that everyone had to go other than bride and they were not allowed bottle water in the room - they had to drink water in the cafe (but yet they will sell you champagne and strawberries - have to buy from them) for the room. Very rude person - will never go back to this location - do not recommend - ruined brides spirit 4 hours before her wedding

Room Tip: don't go to bonne terre
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
11 Thank r h
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

We were looking at wedding venues for our daughter and Bonne Terre was suggested by our wedding coordinator, who had seen the property when a client took her bride's photos there. I was appalled at the unprofessional manner in which Emily spoke to me in regards to our requests when trying to reach a mutually acceptable proposal. Instead of politely telling us their venue was out of our budget price-range (which is what I am assuming she was trying to say), I was asked personal questions (i.e. how much we were paying our coordinator, how much we spent on our daughter's dress, how long my wedding coordinator had been in business). She insulted my integrity, my wedding coordinator's ability to plan, my daughter's wishes for her special day, and suggested I was "holding out on her" with our "real" budget. If you want to be reprimanded like a child, don't mind following all Emily's suggestions, and have unlimited funds, Bonne Terre is your location! But our daughter and her fiancee will have their special day somewhere where the atmosphere is more positive.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
13 Thank Pat H
aberdeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

having just returned from the us we have nothing but praise for Bob and Emily at the Bonne Terre, it was a pleasure to stay and we will be back! nothing was to much trouble, the room was a delight and breakfast exceptional, ok except the grits!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank stovie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

My husband and I choose to go there on our honey moon. We knew that we wanted to go to Memphis but when we found Bonne Terre decided that it was close enough. When we arrived the staff were more than welcoming. We stayed 3 nights and only went to Memphis one day because we loved being at Bonne Terre more. This fishing is awesome. It is so peaceful. We are planning many more trips there. Thank you Robert and Emily for making our honeymoon so great
More than satisfied
Brittany + Jeremy
Louisiana

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Brittjer
Memphis. TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

I had a wonderful time staying at Bonne Terre Country Inn for the weekend. The rooms are spacious and beautifully adorned with antiques and luxurious fabrics. Bob and Emily, the owners, made us feel right at home and even cooked a wonderful breakfast for us in the morning. It's hard to believe that this little B&B was located right under our noses, just a few minutes from Memphis.

If you decide to spend a night at Bonne Terre, I highly recommend making reservations at the restaurant they have there as well. The portions are huge and the food is of the highest quality. I had the filet of beef that was artfully served on top of a crisp potato cake with a side of asparagus. No trip would be complete without trying their cheesecake mousse dessert. A sumptuous, creamy, silky scoop of a cheesecake mousse was beautifully presented on a bowl shaped cookie and topped with a fresh strawberry sauce. It was heaven and looked stunning! I cannot recommend this place enough!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bw2082
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nesbit
Fitz Casino and Hotel
Fitz Casino and Hotel
#4 of 19 in Tunica
Hollywood Casino Tunica Hotel
Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Goodman Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven
Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall

Been to Bonne Terre Country Inn and Cafe? Share your experiences!