“Wonderful! The best kept secret near Memphis” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bonne Terre Country Inn and Cafe

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Bonne Terre Country Inn and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Nesbit B&B and Inns
Memphis. TN
“Wonderful! The best kept secret near Memphis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

I had a wonderful time staying at Bonne Terre Country Inn for the weekend. The rooms are spacious and beautifully adorned with antiques and luxurious fabrics. Bob and Emily, the owners, made us feel right at home and even cooked a wonderful breakfast for us in the morning. It's hard to believe that this little B&B was located right under our noses, just a few minutes from Memphis.

If you decide to spend a night at Bonne Terre, I highly recommend making reservations at the restaurant they have there as well. The portions are huge and the food is of the highest quality. I had the filet of beef that was artfully served on top of a crisp potato cake with a side of asparagus. No trip would be complete without trying their cheesecake mousse dessert. A sumptuous, creamy, silky scoop of a cheesecake mousse was beautifully presented on a bowl shaped cookie and topped with a fresh strawberry sauce. It was heaven and looked stunning! I cannot recommend this place enough!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bw2082

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

We recently stayed at Bonne Terre for a little getaway that was close by.
The property is very pretty and has a lot of "potential". I walked through most of the rooms and took photographs as well as the property.
Our room had new bedding, a fireplace and a terrace with rocking chairs over looking a peaceful pond. It also over looked a pool area. It was winter...but the pool was drained and dirty. Perahps, if the owners kept it running (not for use) but to make the view more pleasing it would be nice. I did see some benches around the pond and saw a lot of potential places for hammocks and swings which would be really nice for guest.
We had in room massages that can be arranged ahead of time.
We ate at the restaurant and ordered quite a few dishes in order to try them. The chef went above and beyond for us to sample his cooking. I thought that he did a wonderful job with our dinner. The dining room has a quaint ambiance with nice music playing.
Breakfast was also in the main dining room and was very good.
There is a lovely chapel on the property. It is very simple and would be beautiful for a wedding.
Overall we see a very pretty property that needs a bit more upkeep but has a lot of potential to become something really beautiful. Simple flowers in the room, water, and small touches would add a lot. We hope that this will happen with this sweet inn. :)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

Our office's Christmas dinner was at Bonne Terre in December, and it was a wonderful night. Everyone raved about the steak, and the food was beautifully presented. Our server was very attentive and made sure we had whatever we needed.

I also got engaged there a few years ago, in the Chestnut room! The property is just absolutely beautiful. It has two lakes and lots of trees. It was so nice to sit on our private balcony and watch the sun rise. It feels like you have gone away for a vacation, but really it's only like 20-25 minutes from Memphis. Super convenient for a hassle-free weekend getaway.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank kmb981
Germantown, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2010

Had 2 day meeting with staff and will come back again. Great rooms and food and meeting room was quiet, attractive and spacious. Accomplished loads
and left relaxed. Staff voted to bring spouses next time.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

My wife and I honeymooned at Bonne Terre 6 years ago and were excited to see that it had re-opened. Our anniversary weekend was as wonderful as the first time we stayed there. We love this place!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Walls, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2010

I attended the same wedding on September 25 as those that have reviewed before me. I found the chapel and reception area excellent. The owners were great, but the lady they had in charge when they were not there had no people skills and acted like she didn't care if any of us ever came back to Bonne Terre again. When the toilet paper saga started she over reacted and it was totally unnecessary to call the police against the young people in the wedding. She stopped the wedding at 10:45 p.m. Devasting to these young people who went into debt hiring a great band. So sad. I would recommend this wonderful inn to anyone if they can get a new manager.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank AbsolutelyJo
Memphis tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

I was asked to attend a business associates' wedding there.As soon as I opened my cars door I heard a lady in a very controling voice tell the Brides' Mother to keep quite and keep her mouth shut.I was shocked!I asked who it was and I was told the owner.Well I shugged it off as maybe they were sisters.On through the night the owner continued to be extremly rude with alot of people arriving.She even thretend to have two Senior citizens cars pulled unless proff was provided that they were handicapped.by using the parking spot for Handicapped drivers!Too make a long story short,during the reception the local Swat Team was called to escort all of the people off the property.The Bride and groom did not get to even have rice thrown on them.To my understanding it was over two stolen rolls of toliet tissue used to rollm the Grooms truck!This was horrible!I don't care what the other reviews say but they have been greatly changed.The children were really scared because of the Police present.The older people also were extremly concerned that they were about to be killed due to the Swat Teams present with automatic weapons.Something really bad could have happen with an accidental weapons discharge killing a child!But you know what,what do you expect for $10,000.00 today.By the way,the owner said that she was charging the Groom $2500.00 for the tissue paper which was replaced with a more expensive four pack.I do know that the Attorneys the Groom have been contacted about the matter.I would have to give these people the worst recomendation you have to offer.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank knives2sellu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nesbit
Fitz Casino and Hotel
Fitz Casino and Hotel
#4 of 19 in Tunica
Hollywood Casino Tunica Hotel
Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Goodman Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven
Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall

Been to Bonne Terre Country Inn and Cafe? Share your experiences!