“A MUST during any trip to the MS Delta”
Review of Peter's Pottery

Peter's Pottery
Reviewed October 17, 2007

My mom and I always take a few trips to the Delta each year because we know we can find the perfect present (and a new piece of two for ourselves) each time we visit Peter's. We always have a wonderful time looking through his showroom because he has a large assortment of pieces on display and we especially enjoy seeing the new pieces he comes out with. We also enjoy speaking with Peter who is always friendly and helpful, which makes the trip even more enjoyable.

2  Thank MeganHernando_MS
There are newer reviews for Peter's Pottery

Reviewed February 25, 2007

Everybody should know that I am "prejudiced in favor" of the community since I was born there. But I agree completely that Peter's Pottery is a standout shop.

My wife buys something there every year or so, and has done so for the last four years. Prices are modest and the work is excellent.

A little side light, One mile south of the town on Highway 161 (which was Highway 61 before bypass was constructed) take an outside look at Jerusalem Baptist Church. Mr. Peter Woods, owner of Peter's Pottery, was one of the leaders who inspired the reconstruction of this church, so I am told.

5  Thank itmproject
Reviewed January 31, 2007

This place is a little known local favorite north of Cleveland, MS. Located just off of Hwy. 61 it is very easy to find and well worth the trip. Their pottery is very beautiful and reasonably price. The shop is very kid friendly and spacious. In fact they encourage the children’s questions and careful touching. If you are lucky you will get to meet and hear Peter's history. When planning a visit to the famous McCarty's--Don't buy a thing there until you visit Peter's down the road a bit. I promise you will not be disappointed.

8  Thank Hwy61theDelta