“Good overnight stay”

Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Meridian
Mississippi
“Good overnight stay”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I picked the Comfort Inn/Bonita Lakes for two reasons: 1) slightly better price compared to similar-quality hotels in the area and 2) membership in the Choice Hotels customer loyalty system. Granted, the second reason is minor, but it helps.

As for this Comfort Inn, it is on par with others. Our room was well-appointed and clean. Check-in was as early as 2pm, and check-out was as late as noon, which was nice for a weekend stay. I'm not sure if those hours hold true for weekdays. The hotel's breakfast was standard fare of toast, bagels, sweet rolls, eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, etc. The breakfast area is a bit small, especially if there are a number of guests eating.

The location is good, nearby to a number of dining opportunities, and the local mall and retail area of Meridian. We didn't notice any road/traffic noise issues from our room.

Check-in and check-out were a breeze. I'd grown accustomed to express check-out at other hotels, and somewhat expected to find a receipt under the door when we woke up, but did not. Certainly this doesn't affect the quality of the stay, and it doesn't offend me at all. Just something I noted as different than most other hotel stays of late.

If/when I'm in Meridian again, I'll probably choose this Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jwhitfield71

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Illinois
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We always stay there on our way to Orange Beach, AL. Great staff, very clean room, and the great hot breakfast. Anything we have needed, the staff has been very helpful. The breakfast lady always takes great care of us. The staff is very pleasant. We didn't have reservations, but they were able to privde us with a first floor room

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CHMRSWY
Toya D, General Manager at Comfort inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear CHMRSWY,

Thank you for your positive comment concerning our hotel and staff. We strive to make a positive impact on our guest. I'm pleased to know that we meet your expectations while here at the Comfort Inn. Please consider Comfort Inn again in your future travels to Meridian, MS!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We called ahead, early to get a lower floor room.
When arriving they put us on the top floor.
The deorderizer smell on the entire third floor was so strong it gave us headaches,
One asks ,What stench are they trying to cover!
We were given a suite but it was very dated no closet just a wardrobe no central air, The wall airconditioner was on you if you slept on the left side you freeze or burn up!
They had a good hot shower & bed was comfy.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank sparklegrammy
Toya D, General Manager at Comfort inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
I apologize if we didn't meet your expectations while staying with us. We try to meet all guest request, but unfortunately at times are not because of previous guest that is in the hotel. Please allow us to make things better on your next stay. Call the hotel directly and ask to speak with me directly.

Toya
Metro DC
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Sadly, many Comfort Inns haven't aged well and I've started to avoid them. But the Comfort Inn in Meridian was a pleasant surprise. My Room looked like they had been redecorated and refurnished within the past two years. Everything was clean and fresh, as was the lobby. Staff were pleasant and friendly.

There was ample parking and convenient access to restauarants, big box stores, and the interstate.

Breakfast was adequate at best.

Overall, this is a good value if you're stopping in Meridian.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MvGel
Thank you for your positive feedback concerning your hotel stay. My staff and I try to go over and beyond to make sure our guest are comfortable. If your ever in Meridian area, please contact us directly to make your next hotel reservation.

Texas
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

The recent remodel is obvious. The rooms and bathrooms are clean and well appointed. This is a nice quiet place to stay when heading across the south on I-20. We arrived late on a last minute reservation and were treated wonderfully by the staff. I always base reviews on similar hotels in similar price ranges. This one is above average for an interstate stopover hotel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank badman525
Thank you so much for your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate all positive feedback and strive to make our guest feel at home. If your ever in the Meridian area, please call us directly to make your next hotel reservation.,

Dallas, TX
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed there last Friday night. What a pleasant surprise since we are Marriott
Gold members and were not certain what to really expect. Very clean, nice rooms, friendly staff. It's located near Bonita Lakes park. A fabulous city park with a walking/running path we used upon our arrival. Would absolutely stay there again and highly recommend anyone give them a try.

Room Tip: Only downside was no workout facility onsite but Bonita Lakes park more than made up for it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Toya D, General Manager at Comfort inn, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at our beautiful Comfort Inn, in Meridian, MS. My staff and I are very delighted to know that we meet your expectations while traveling. If ever in the Meridian area we hope you choose Comfort Inn as your ,"HOME AWAY FROM HOME"! Please call us directly on your next visit at (601)693-1200 to make your hotel reservation. We look forward to having you as our guest again!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I really like this hotel. I'm moving in my car, so security was a concern, but it wasn't an issue. The hotel is in a busy area, although noise was not a factor, and parking is well lit, so I slept soundly, not worrying about my car. You can tell that the hotel has been redone, but the result is very nice. The room was great, although the remotes for the tv's weren't cooperative. The bed was good, and the room and hotel were very clean. Breakfast is your run of the mill, not bad at all. The staff were all very warm and friendly. I did not take advantage of the amenities, but for an on the fly overnight stay, I'm content with my choice. I appreciate all the reviews, and particularly rhetoric manager reply to the bad review, which all contributed to my decision to stay there.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank jmgbiff
Toya D, General Manager at Comfort inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so much for you recent stay here at the Newly Renovated Comfort Inn, in Meridian MS. We value our guest comments and suggestions. I'm very pleased to know that we meet your expectations and look forward to serving you in the furture. Please contact us direclty at (601) 693-1200 to make your next hotel reservation.