“good hotel”

Hampton Inn Meridian
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Meridian
Reviewed June 29, 2009

A good hotel that is up to the usual Hampton standards. Good breakfast, clean rooms, friendly staff. There is a fourth floor that can only be accessed by the room card in the elevator. I think it is only for Hilton Honors members only. That floor was quiet, even though the hotel was full of young golfers.

The hotel had a manager's reception on both Tuesday and Wednesday evenings which served wine, beer and soft drinks. One night the food selection was chicken wings, chips, cheese and salsa and one night it was chicken and tuna salads. There were also cookies every night

My only complaint was that the internet was messed up during my stay. It was difficult logging in from the room and trying to get access time in the business center was difficult.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed November 16, 2008

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn several times over the past couple of years, when travelling on business. The rooms are consistenly clean, and the staff is always courteous. The business center is very nice also, with several computers and printers available. I would recommend it to any traveller.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2008

This is an older hotel that needs to be renovated and just cleaned. The lobby is okay as well as the work out room, but the rooms are dark and some smell badly of smoke and mold. The elevators are scarey and the breakfast is not what I would consider HOT. The Hilton Garden Inn next door is a much better place for about $10 more.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2008

After a long long day on the road, I saw the sign for this Hampton Inn and decided to stop for the night. The front desk staff was professional and efficient, and I was given a room on the 4th floor. Apparently the fourth floor is something special, because you needed a room key to get there on the elevator. I am a Hilton Honors member, so that may have something to do with it.

The room was clean, with a microwave, refrigerator and small wet bar. Everything worked well.

The breakfast was typical Hampton fare, which was quite good!

They did not have the normal express check out, but check out in the morning only took a few minutes.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2007

I've been to Meridian on business too many times to count over the past five years. I've stayed in most of the hotels in town and found this one to be the best. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and actually began to know me on a first name basis. I once had a toilet that didn't work and was moved to a different room immediately. Mostly stayed in the "business suites" but all the rooms were clean. Best in Meridian. They have popcorn to munch on in the lobby every night. Which is a nice snack after getting no snacks on the flight down. They did so remodeling recently and improved the bedding. A nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank Meigs
Reviewed May 19, 2007

We tried the Ramada, and it had clearly seen better days. Tired linens, a hair (not ours!) on one of our towels, and the overall feeling that I didn't want to take a shower or sleep in the bed. You get the picture. We moved to the Hampton, which was a few minutes -- and a world -- away. This hotel was immaculate; the linens, crisp, luxurious and fresh; the shower, a pleasure. Wireless worked flawlessly and we felt well taken care of. Moving made a big difference. I would recommend this place to anyone who prefers a hotel to a motel.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kadroodle
Reviewed May 19, 2006

Facility: Hampton Inn, Meridian MS
Date of Visit: 13 May 06
Departure: following morning

Our mission was to drive from Destin, FL to Memphis with one overnight between. Meridian seemed the logical location, and it had a Hampton Inn, our favorite lodging. I noted on the Hampton Inn site that this was to be the most expensive one in which we had stayed, $146.79 for the night. Our expectations were high and the alternatives in the area were not promising. We found the facility behind a fillling station at the junction of an Interstate and two other four lane roads. Far across the intersection was a Mall. Perhaps things were to be well. Checkin was handled with efficiency. From there it went downhill.

The rugs in the hall were dirty, the wall paper in the bathroom peeling and the general appearance was dingy. Lighting in the hall was dim and half of the bulbs in the two eight bulb fixtures at the elevator had long ago been inoperative. We felt entombed. But we were committed and to tired to drive onward to....where? Been to Mississippi? So we used the handy motel restaurant list to go to the "La Familial" restaurant. We assumed this might be Italian. It was in a neigborhood unsuitable for leavingn the car and it was in fact a Mexican Restaurant..."La Familia". We drove back to the Mall and elected to try there for dinner. It was pandemonium on Mother's Day eve. I won't describe the scene...use your imagination. In the morning the halls were stuffed with maids cards to the degree that passage was nearly impossible. In the breakfast area a maid lounged in front of the TV. Nice touch.

I have called Hilton Honors, suggesting that this facility is not up to Hampton Inn Standards. One point on balance, the help at the desk was very adequate. It could not however have remedied a management based problem. WBW

3  Thank Baracelona