“10 on a scale of 1 - 10”

Hampton Inn Meridian
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Meridian
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a great hotel. The rooms were very clean. It's in a good location that close to alot of restaurants to choose from. My family and I had a great stay without any problems. The breakfasts they served was also good. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Meridian, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Jason C,

We appreciate you writing a review of your stay with us. We loved having you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed the room and the breakfast during your stay. There are several great parks and playgrounds in the area. Ask an Associate for details and directions to family friendly areas near the hotel. They will be happy to assist you.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hampton hotels constantly high quality, clean, hospitable and friendly. Indoor pool and workout facility nice. Plenty of good food nearby if need more than hotel has to offer. Hilton family hotel at more affordable price

• Stayed: April 2013
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Meridian, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Barney M,

Thanks for letting us know about your stay. We enjoyed having you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. We are glad you had a great stay and that you enjoyed the pool and fitness center. If you are looking for more ways to stay active during your time with us, ask an Associate about nearby walking paths, hiking trails and golf courses. They will be happy to help with suggestions and directions.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I booked the room in advanced and me, my wife and son stayed for one night traveling from North Carolina to Texas. First of all Hampton Inns are NOT economy hotels i.e., Motel 6, Econo Lodge, etc., therefore their prices are a bit more and I consider them in the moderate price range as compared to the economy hotels. Here is a list of pros and cons as I see them in my opinion:

Pros:
- I thought the staff was courteous and professional. I did not have the bad experience as some other reviewers as the front desk staff greeted me as I entered the door and the breakfast staff greeted me as I entered the dining area.
- There were complimentary assorted cookies at the front desk.
- The beds are super comfortable and I LOVE the crisp clean and bright white sheets and duvet covers. Many hotels use bed comforters and are not cleaned often. This is one of the reasons we stay at a Hampton Inn as you know all your bedding is clean and you can tell the bedding is clean.
- Room came equipped with mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker.
- There was a manager's social from 6:00 - 7:00 pm with free finger foods and the front desk provided tickets for a free cocktail.
- The breakfast was more than adequate: delicious bacon, biscuits and gravy, waffles, oatmeal, good assortment of pastries (had sliced pound cake, awesome), coffee, juices, yogurt and fresh fruit.
- The location was great with numerous restaurants, stores, and a Navy Air Station near by.

CONS:
- Only breakfast negative is NO scrambled eggs but they did have hard boiled eggs.
- The beds were true double beds, just slightly larger than a twin and small than a full bed. Some hotels have double beds that are more like full size. My wife had to sleep on the other bed with my son as both of us would not fit on one bed (but to be honest we are both "large cartons").
- There are numerous large scuff marks throughout our room and hotel walls that make the hotel seem a bit worn. Many of them could be taken care of with a "Magic Eraser".
- The breakfast area was well decorated, but the tables were too small. They were built for couples and not for more than two people.

Overall the stay was pleasant and I would recommend this hotel. My major priorities are clean and comfortable beds (which are a Hampton Inn standard) and a descent breakfast which this hotel met. I understand that many travelers look for budget hotels, but I rather have a good night's sleep and a good breakfast to start the next day of traveling...good job as usual Hampton!

Room Tip: Book on-line with an AARP or Government discount, saves you some money.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gene M
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Meridian, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Gene M,

We appreciate you writing an extensive review of your stay with us. We enjoyed having you and your family stay with us and we look forward to serving you again in the future. We are glad you enjoyed the room, the reception and the breakfast. We are sorry that we were not serving scrambled eggs the day you were staying with us. We rotate out various breakfast options throughout the week. We will pass you comments regarding the scuff marks on to the housekeeping staff so they can see to them. If we can assist you during your next stay with dining, shopping or other suggestion feel free to ask an Associate. They will be happy to help.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stopped looking for two rooms. The man at the front desk was rude. He gave little to no eye contact and answered questions in a hurried and hateful tone. He was completely uninterested in renting rooms to us so we went down the road to the Holiday Inn where we were greeted warmly and treated with great customer service.

Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Mljkemp
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Meridian, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Mjkemp,

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn for 3 nights. Great check-in, great employees, nice rooms. The hotel is right off the interstate, so very convenient when traveling. And it's close to many restaurants like Olive Garden, Chili's & McAlister's. Close to downtown, too. We were in a double, plenty of room, the bathroom was nice-sized, too. Stay here, good rate, too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank OleMiss91
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Meridian, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

OleMiss91,

Thanks for letting us know about your stay. We loved having you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. We are delighted that you enjoyed your room and the service during your stay. There are indeed many restaurants located near the hotel. If you are looking to avoid the chain restaurants during your stay ask an Associate about some of the great local restaurants in the area. They will be happy to provide you with suggestions and directions.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Old room, run down facility. Needs a redo of the rooms with new furniture. Wished I'd stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn next door or at the Holiday Inn Express across the road. Fitness Center ok but otherwise was not a good hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Meridian, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Matthew P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Our property and brand goal is to exceed our guests’ expectations--and we are disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations for your stay with us. In your review, you bring up some great points that we are currently looking into. In regards to updating and renovating---we're already on our way. In fact, our property will be undergoing some renovations in the near future to address the concerns you addressed.

Please be assured that the feedback you provided in your review will be taken into consideration so that we may improve our guests’ in-property experience. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We do hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have stayed in at least 8 different hotels in Meridian, but I will be coming back next year! The price was reasonable and the building checked all of my boxes: great breakfast, pool, comfy rooms! The in room microwave and fridge were especially helpful with my 18 month old, as well as, the very spacious room. I truly enjoyed my stay and ....I'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lindsey L
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Meridian, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Lindsey L,

We will be glad to have you come back. It was great having you here and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the in-room fridge and microwave. We invite you to stop by the lobby on Mon - Sat evenings for light snacks and beverages as part of our Manager's Reception. The reception is a great way to unwind and relax after a long day on the road or after visiting the attractions in Meridian.