“Good hotel recommended”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Meridian
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This hotel was a stop between Michigan and Baton Rouge. I was pleased with the room it was clean comfortable and seemed to be in a good area. Room has a microwave and a refridgerator, however I asked for a no smoking room and seen no evidence of smoking such as cigarette burns, or ash trays the room smelled like smoke. Also I did not see that any of the rooms were marked with a no smoking sign. I was tired and stayed anyway. Other than that It was a good stay and would recommend this if you can make sure your room is truly non smoking.

Room Tip: Make sure your smoking preferance is honered.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank nearpar

Reviewed May 2, 2012

We recently stayed at the Econo Lodge in Meridian, MS. After reading all of the reviews, I was very skeptical about staying here. Nevertheless, my organization booked 8 rooms. The hotel is a nice establishment. The General Manager came in on her day off to ensure that my party was situated and taken care of. If something was not in our room they either fixed the problem or moved us to a better room. There were times when we could have yelled and screamed but why? You have to treat people how you want to be treated. Everytime I asked for something, the emplyees went out of their way to make sure that we had it. If we needed an extra iron or extra towels, they made sure that we had. Even if that meant going to the hotel next door, which is an extension of theres to get us more supplies. The staff are friendly and as long as you treat them with respect, although this is not a Five Star Hotel, they will treat you like you are a 5 Star Traveller.

Room Tip: Treat others how you want to be treated.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank bishopbobby7542
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Have stayed here several times and after the hotel has declined recently will never stay again. Roaches in rooms, toilet leaking, shower handle fell off, ashes in bed, DISGUSTING!!! We arrived 945pm left by 1045pm and then they would not refund my money after all this.

Room Tip: Stay at Druiry inn while in Meridain MS.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Lorelei S
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I tried to have pizza delivered, but they refused because one of their drivers was robbed last week. Later, I had a man knock on my door claiming to be an empoyee. He asked if I was traveling alone, which car was mine, if i wanted some girls brought to my room, and then begged for money. I had the front desk call the police. Do not stay here!!! I was genuinely afraid for my life!!!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Deke029
Reviewed November 21, 2011

excatly at 11a.m. the housekeeping was knocking at the door, saying it was check out time. i felt like i was being rushed. i understand if it wer 11.05 or sumthing,. i also asked for a late check out time. 12 to be procise. they had a fit and said that they do not do late checkouts. when i checked in, i ask the guy at the frony desk to give me a late check out, he said he would put me down for a late checkout, but no wayyyyy, they wernt having that. i called the front desk to ask if i still had a late chekout because housekeeping was knocking at the door at 11 am. so im wondering wat was goin on. after i called the front desk and ask them about my late check, they were like they dont do late check outs, so i didnt fuss, it was okay i was done with it and was packing my clothes wen the phone rang. i answered and im assuming this was the mamager. but she wasnt particurly rude, she was just like who told me that and i told her the guy yhat checked me in , she was lik baby nawl we dont do dat here, it was kinda like they were expecting me to stay and put up a fight or fuss, moral of the story is dont stay here. very unprofessional.

Room Tip: before going here, ask questions first and check out your rooms before you make a decesion staying h...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank timothy w
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stopped at this awful place on our way to Orange Beach, AL. We were only staying the night so we purchases a night's stay from Priceline. It was the worst decision...ever! This is the kind of establishment that you are afraid to get out of your car at . The girl at the front desk sent us to two differerent rooms of which there was already "guests." I honestly think she was putting people in the rooms and not using the computer system. When I asked for my money back, some african-american gentleman waiting to "just get their party on" were standing behind me cursing me. I felt completely unsafe, but insisted on a refund and after a million curse words later, I got it. Do not stay here. It is not a safe environment and the staff person I dealt with was rude and incompetent or crooked!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank veronica h
Reviewed June 25, 2010

This is one of the worst hotels I have stayed in. There were bugs all over the place, the ice machine was broken and the front desk never answered the phone. If we needed something we would have to go to the front desk and when we asked about ice they told us to go to the hotel next door. Then we asked for extra pillows and they said they didn't have any. So over all, the experience was unpleasant and I would never stay here again, let alone recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family