“Clean, neat and friendly!”
Review of Days Inn Meridian

Days Inn Meridian
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Meridian
Central North Carolina
“Clean, neat and friendly!”
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I was surprised to read the bad reviews, b/c I was very pleased with the room, cleanliness and cost of our room. Traveling alone with 3 young children, I also felt very safe at this hotel. Granted, I didn't look under the bed for dirty panties, but I did use the fridge and it was clean. The lady up front was super nice and the lady the next morning was just okay, but all in all, I'd stay here again!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed July 29, 2009

This place made me physically sick....absolutely disgusting!!! I feel deceived knowing that every other Days Inn experience has been nothing but perfect and I feel bad knowing Days Inn allows rouge, poorly run franchises to exist. The management is rude and ghetto. We woke up having itchy bite marks all over our legs, while leaving our dermatologist to conclude we were in direct contact with a bed bug infestation. We complained to Days Inn's corporate offices to let them know of the situation and as a result, we received a poorly written letter from the management reflecting once again, the rude and uneducated usage of the English language.

This is a rouge operation hiding behind the Days Inn name, please don't be fooled! I hardly write reviews, except I have never had any business, no matter the industry, treat me this way. The experience is downright horrible.

Cockroaches swarm the outside parking lots, convict-like people and felons hang around the pool area in the sole purpose to gawk at women and young children. The ABSOLUTE BEST part of this stay was the fact the rooms smell like DIRTY FEET AND MOLD!!!! AAWWHH, I am never staying here again. I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE OR DRIVE TO THE NEXT STATE!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank howiebeans

Travelers are raving about these Meridian hotels

Indiana
Reviewed June 3, 2009

I had already been to 3 other hotels in the area and I was exhausted and there was something wrong in each one of them (one of them had cockroaches, and it was a Holiday Inn!). I was exhausted!!! I went to this Days Inn and I was very surprised by the service...it was great!!! Even at 3 am! They lady at the desk was super nice and accomodating!!! The next day the manager was great and just really went the extra mile to make sure that my stay had been a good one!!! Overall, I would tell anyone to stay at this Days Inn, they will treat you right and you will receive a nice place to lay your head down for the night!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Colorado
Reviewed February 23, 2009

Having read the previous reviews, you would think this building was condemned. But then again, having read the grammar and intellectual ability of previous reviewers, my hopes weren't so high. It really is NOT that bad, folks. I stayed one night with a pal on our way to Texas, and quite frankly, for the rate, it was decent. The lady at the front desk, Heather, was very friendly, and gave us no problems whatsoever upon checkin. They honored the quoted rate without a hitch, and we were able to check in promptly. Yes, there is a train that runs close to the property, but we only heard it while awake, it's not like it wakes you up.

The room was clean, beds wasn't made very well but it was clean. There was a fridge, safe, hairdryer, etc. Pool for the summer time. Typical Days Inn amenities, nice continental breakfast in the morning, free USA Today. Really, for $45 a night, what more do people want? I've said it before in reviews to people, and will say it again...if you expect the Hilton-level service, then stay at the bloody HIlton. You're not going to get that at the Days Inn, or any other budget-level establishment. Most people that reviews these places seems to have an axe to grind and gripe about the dumbest things, well it's time that someone (like me) shed some light on what is in fact a decent property. I hope this helps, this yankee was satisfied with his stay at the Meridian Days Inn.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank JCS276
CobCity
Reviewed January 31, 2009

Wouldn't stay there again if it were free. I used the toilet, but didn't shower. Not without a wet suit. Hotel needs more than renovation. Quoted rate on computer for $49 and $5 for a pet. When I got there it was $59 and $15 for a pet. one of the two is a liar, but it don't matter I ain't coming back. The only people I saw staying on the backside of our building were me and my wife, my dog and 15 foreigners in the room 2 doors down playing Ponco Via Music I could hear a mile away. Very kind of the front desk to place me right next to them when the entire motel is unoccupied except for us. And oh yeah, did I mention the train that runs behind the property.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — appearance - condition
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
Reviewed January 1, 2009

Such a shame for Days Inn to be associated with this property. We used a travel coupon for our stay. Cost was under $50. The Microtel was $70. Well, you get what you pay for. We paid for a horrible, stained sofabed, worn out king bed, ancient facility detached from the lobby. It is on the road across from Cracker Barrell and near a Remada, Super 8 and several other motels that would have been better had we not been hooked by the coupon. We had stayed in several other Day's Inns and now know that the quality is not predictable. The staff was fine here, however, but the housekeepiing was not thorough. The breakfast was fine.
Under no circumstanses would I recommend this motel.

• Liked — It was on our route and less expensive than the Microtel we had used earlier
  • Disliked — It felt like the rooms had been rented on an hourly basis
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Clinton, MS
Reviewed June 26, 2008

I don't understand why this motel is even still open. To start..... mold on the walls and carpet...hole under the carpet in the floor...broken bed....filthy bathroom.... an awful odor in the room. Our soccer team was in Meridian for the MS State Games and we were all very displeased. Complaints fell on deaf ears with the management. The pool was nice but did not feel safe in the company of "questionable characters" who lurked around the pool gate drinking beer after beer while watching the young kids swim. None of us felt safe at any point during our weekend stay.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2007