“Weird Restaurant Experience”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Alabama
“Weird Restaurant Experience”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My family stopped in for an early dinner last Sunday. It was around 6:00 pm and the place was maybe 1/3 full. The door had not even closed behind us yet, still several steps to the hostess, and she blurts out "how many?". No greeting, no smile... So that gets me off on the wrong foot...which wasn't good because the floor had some kind of residue on it, not sure if it was a cleaner or grease, but it was quite slippery with the sandals I had on. We were seated in the main dining area and from there you could see into another seating area that had obviously been used earlier in the day because there was trash and food all over the floor. There was a sole staff member sitting in the corner of that area prepping utensils and napkins, for the next day I assume...seems cleaning up the floor would have been higher on the list of priorities, but I guess not. Either way, not something I wanted to look at while eating. We ordered the Spinach Dip appetizer and we were told they were out of it. So we changed that. After we got our drinks and ordered our meal I had to go out to the car, my daughter comes out and informs me they are out of the babyback ribs I ordered too. So I went back in to look at the menu again to find something else. It took the server several minutes to come back so I figured the rest of my familys food would be cold when it came out after waiting for mine to be done. I was wrong...mine came out with the childrens and they were all warm but she told my husband there was an issue (mumbled something about it being frozen?) with his Tilapia and it would be several more minutes. While we were waiting for his, we heard her tell someone else next to us that they were out of another item on the menu (I can't remember which one it was). Wow REALLY? 3 different things? So at this point I begin wondering who the manager is and what's going on in this place. Finally the server brings my husbands food (I was 3/4 done). A minute or so later the manager appears (the first I have seen of this man since we arrived). He apologizes and tells my husband his meal is on the house. Well, that was VERY unexpected and it is also the only reason this place got a poor rating from me instead of terrible. My shrimp was fried so hard it was like chewing on pebbles and my daughter (who really isn't a picky eater) ate two bites of her chicken strips which were "mushy". However, my son reported that his burger was good, and my husband liked the tilapia. Now, for the grand finale...when we were done, my daughter & I went to the restroom where a young lady was cleaning, (I believe it was the one who had been tending the bar, can't say for certain though) instead of stepping aside for a moment, she just looked irritated and kept on about her business. When we were ready to wash our hands, she placed herself in the middle of the two sinks, wiping madly on both sides letting us know, we weren't going to get to do so until she was done. It was almost comical. Then, she finished, threw her paper towels away, and out she went....WITHOUT WASHING HER HANDS! This was the first time I have been to this restaurant in years and it will be a cold day in H$#@ before I return!

• Visited July 2012

Biloxi, Mississippi
“great place”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

The staff is always friendly and the food is always good! I love the Cheese Wedges :)

Visited April 2012
Meridian, Mississippi
“Mediocre food. Spotty service.”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Quality of menu selections in inconsistent. Good one time, not so good the next. Service quality varies greatly from one server to the next.

Visited September 2011
Meridian, MS 39301
“No surprises”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

You always know what you'll get.They are reliable and clean and hospitable.

Meridian
“great”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

everything was good,this survey is to o long, my trip and stay was good,Jameson is my hotel of choice in meridian

Visited November 2011