“My Experience 6/21/14”

Hilton Garden Inn Meridian
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Meridian
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We temporarily lost our keys (On a Sunday) and the staff at the front desk was more than willing and speedy in their efforts to help us find someone that would make a key on a Sunday. Luckily, we found them before need to call someone. I run a small family business, and no one ever reply's when someone goes out of their way to help them, only when something is wrong. That being said, I thought I would take my time to say the employees at this Hilton location were exceptional!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Meridian, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Anthony K,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We were delighted to have you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to assist you with your keys. Our Associates are always ready to help in any way possible. If you have a question or would like information on shopping, dining and more located in our area just ask any Associate, they will be happy to help.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Staffs is not very nice. They talk and cut off customer's question. Staff do not smile and not listen. Booked a King but given a queen bed. Hotel envior is great! Has drink and snack provider to customer. Room is clean but the bath room is little old. We try to use the pool but the only pool is indoor and very small. It is smaller than a private pool at my home. Price is very high due to state games going on. I will avoid this situation if it is possible.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Stacey T,

Thank you for letting us know how we did. It was great having you here and we hope to see you again in the future. We are glad you enjoyed your room and the hotel's interior. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. We are committed to providing the best possible service for all our guests and we will use your comments to assist in improving our service. We invite you to return in the future and see these improvements for yourself.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Very nice hotel. Clean and very pleasant employees. Always ready to assist with anything. The bar and restaurant were pleasant and the food was excellent. They waited on us hand and foot. Thanks so much for the Hilton experience. It really lived up to the name.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

968janete,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We were delighted to have you here and we look forward to seeing you again. We are glad you enjoyed the restaurant and bar. It is great to be able to "eat in" after a long days travel. Be sure to take advantage of all the amenities here at the hotel during your stay. Ask any Associate about the Fitness Center and the Indoor Pool during your next stay.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

My issue is not with the room or the hotel but with 2 charges put on my debit card when I checked in. My room was booked and paid for through travelocity. When I checked I was asked for a credit or debit card to be put on file for incidentals. I had no intention of charging anything but I was told that people sometimes skip out on room service bills and I can understand that. I handed over my debit card because I knew we would not be making any purchases. The next day there were two charges on my debit card-one for $25 and one for $75. I called the Hilton and was told those were charged in case I would have charged anything at the hotel. WHAT?? I asked why I wasn't told this was going to be done and the man I spoke to apologized and said that 90% of hotels do this. Really? It took about 3 days for the charges to disappear. So to recap-$100 charges for charges that didn't occur before they would have occurred and 3 days to remove the nonexistent charges.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank Johnnie G
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Meridian, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Johnnie G,

We appreciate your review of our hotel. We understand that you were unhappy with some of the charges and we apologize for any miscommunication. We generally place a hold on any guests' credit card upon check-in to handle incidentals during their stay. Credit card companies will drop the hold on funds immediately upon check out. Debit card holds are managed by your bank and are subject to the bank's policies. Some banks may maintain a hold for up to a week. Again we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused during or after your stay. We strive to create a wonderful and affordable guest experience and we thank you for your review.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very nice. Clean and updated. The breakfast was not included. That was a bit deceiving. When we booked they implied that it was included. At ten dollars per person, that gets pricey when you have several small children. However the kids did love the pool!

Stayed: June 2014

Lcc1967,

Thank you for rating your stay with us. It was great having you here and we look forward to seeing you again. We are glad you and your family enjoyed the pool and we apologize for any misunderstanding regarding breakfast. Be sure to ask an Associate about kid friendly attractions and parks in the area. They will be happy to provide you with details and directions on some of the great places to take your family while you are here.

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

First time here. I usually stay at Hampton Inn vs. Hilton Garden Inn. The HGI was set up like most. The room was very clean. The bed comfortable. I did not eat in the restaurant. I liked the coffee maker in the room. The morning and evening staffs were friendly. Close to several restaurants.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Rkingmusic13,

Thanks for letting us know about your stay. We were delighted to have you here and we look forward to your next visit. We are glad you enjoyed the service and the coffee maker in the room. Be sure to stop by the restaurant on your next visit and try our weekly special, or ask any Associate for recommendations and suggestions. They will be happy to help you.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel is quite and in a central location. The lobby is very nice and has a restaurant that makes it easy for dinner in a hurry. Breakfast is good but a bit high for a buffet. The pool and work out areas are nice and have easy access. Cookies and punch are provided every evening for guests in the lobby.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Meridian, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

lvdiver,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. We are glad you enjoyed your dinner and the amenities at the hotel. If we can help you find something while you are here just ask any Associate. They will be happy to assist you with directions and suggestions for parks, golf, shopping and some great local restaurants.