“Fantastic stay”

Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Meridian
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I just had an amazing experience at Hilton Garden Inn. I was traveling for work for one night and debating between this and Drury Inn and Suites, since these two were ranked the highest. I liked that this one had a restaurant inside the hotel, as I took the train in and had no car to travel for dinner. I looked on Drury Inn website and didn't see a restaurant so that helped my decision. When I entered the hotel I was greeted with Christmas music, which was lovely. Also, I wrote a note when booking saying I was arriving on the train early and departing later the next day, so I was hoping for an early check in/late check out. When I arrived, they immediately knew who I was and engaged me in conversations about the train/my stay/where I was from. Just so warm and friendly. They had been working on my room before I arrived and it was done within 5 minutes, even though I arrived at 11:30am, well before check-in time. I asked a question about when to order a cab for my business meeting the next morning and immediately they said they had a shuttle for me to get there and just to meet at the front desk. This was fantastic service and completely unexpected. My room was huge -- I did get the oversized king room but the price difference was really minimal. I had chocolates on my bed which was a lovely touch. The shuttle driver in the morning was so friendly. I checked out late and didn't even ask for a shuttle, I didn't want to bother them again and would just cab it, but they offered! Everyone here was just extremely friendly and I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Meridian, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Brittany S,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review of your stay with us. We were delighted to have you here and we look forward to serving you again in the future. We are glad you enjoyed the room, the service and the restaurant while you were here. If you are here without a car of your own we will be happy to assist you with information for cabs and dining or shopping destinations while you are here. Alternatively you can enjoy dinner in our restaurant and then relax in our indoor pool and whirlpool without having to go anywhere. Regardless of whether you are going out or staying in we will be happy to assist you. Just ask any Associate.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed November 28, 2013

It was the newest decent hotel in Meridian. Here on business, certainly not a vacation hot spot. I can generally count on Hilton Garden Inn to be about the same in most places so it is a go to choice if my usual other preferred choices are not available.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Meridian, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Stephen C,

We are delighted to be your choice of hotel during your stay in the Meridian area. It was great having you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. During your stay we invite you to dine with us at our restaurant featuring classic American cuisine, or we will be happy to provide you with details and suggestions for any of the great restaurants located in the area. Just ask any Associate during your stay, they will be happy to assist you.
Vicksburg, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2013

On a night when it was cold and damp, it was so welcoming to come in and feel and see the fireplace lit! How thoughtful! And as a rewards member, they always have bottled water ready in the rooms. We always stay here when in Meridian and other places when possible.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Meridian, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Kimberly W,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We were delighted to have you here and we a glad we could be a bright spot on a cold, damp night. You are welcome to enjoy the fireplace and sitting area at any time. It is a great place to check email or read a book while having a nice cup of coffee. If you are trying to avoid going back out after your arrival, join us for dinner in our hotel restaurant featuring classic American dishes and more. Ask any Associate to look at a menu or for suggestions on what to order.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of visiting the Hilton Garden Inn in Meridian. As is typical of Hilton Garden Inn properties, it was clean and comfortable. The front office team was exceptional and very helpful. The location is easy to access from the freeway and close to shopping and a short, easy drive to downtown.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Meridian, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
gslowry,

Thanks for letting us know about your stay. We were delighted to have you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. We are glad you enjoyed the service during your stay and that we were able to assist you in finding shopping and dining located near the hotel. In addition to shopping and dining, our Associates can assist you in finding sports complexes, parks and recreation facilities and events that are happening during your stay. Ask any Associate about what is going on near the hotel during your next stay. They will be happy to assist you with details and directions.
lucedale
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The only complaint we had was the bed. The fitted sheet didn't stay on due to being to small. That was annoying as hell. Overall, the staff was awesome. We have been coming to meridian a lot due to my husband being transferred to the kemper county ms power plant and I come up and stay when I can with him. One night a bunch of people were being extremely loud and rowdy. It only took one call to front desk and within minutes the party was broke up. It was like 2 am.

• Stayed September 2013
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Meridian, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
lynnlawson9183,

First let me apologize for the bedding. We will have someone look into the sheets for your room to determine the solution. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the room. We enjoy having you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Any time you have an issue or a question we will be happy to assist you whether it is 2 in the morning or not. While you are staying with us ask an Associate about the local dining and entertainment in the area. They will be happy to provide you with details and directions for restaurants, theaters and live performances.
Lower Alabama (LA)
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We wanted an hotel convenient to the Interstate and we ended up with a very nice stay in the Hilton Garden Inn. The room was large & clean and the front desk service was friendly & fast. There were several nice restaurants close to the Inn but the front desk staff recommended we go to Weidmann's for dinner, a short ride down the highway. It was terrific! The next morning we decided to eat in the dining area of the Inn and were very pleasantly surprised with the good breakfast we had. The dining area looked like a full restaurant complete with attentive servers and a wide choice of breakfast items. While it wasn't free, it was well worth the relatively low price we were charged. Overall, we highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn if you find yourself in Meridian, Mississippi.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Curb_jumpers
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Meridian, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Curb_jumpers,

Thanks for letting us know about your stay. We loved having you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. We are glad you had a great stay and meal in the restaurant while you were here. We are happy to assist you with suggestions and directions while you are here. Just ask any Associate about attractions, dining, shopping, events and more.
DeRidder, Louisiana
Reviewed October 29, 2013

You'll want to relax from the moment you get out of the car at this place. The Lobby is fantastic. It was clean and the service was impeccable. Close to places to eat, but the restaurant is worth trying. Don't go to Logan's across the street since the service there is terrible.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Jerrie L,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. It was great having you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, your room and the restaurant during your stay. We encourage you to stop by the restaurant for our hot, cooked-to-order breakfast served every morning. Any Associate will be happy to assist you with details about the breakfast, chef's specials in the evenings and even local restaurants. Just ask them for details and suggestions.