“Hilton”

Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Meridian
Dallas, Texas
“Hilton”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Stopped one night after a very long and tiring drive. I called ahead to let them know I was arriving late even though I had given a credit card to hold the room. And I'm glad I called. The hotel was full with a business meeting and I heard the front desk juggling rooms for the people who were attending the meeting. So the hotel was very full, yet the front desk was courteous and helpful to me and others. I did have a little bit of trouble finding the turn in from the road as the signage is poor. Also the parking lot is a little small and it was difficult to find parking.

The hotel is newish and very attractive downstairs. My room was very large, clean, had microwave, coffee pot and a fridge with water already chilled inside. The bathroom had 2 basins and the towels were in a very convenient location for showering. Good water pressure too. I also liked that you could use your computer in your room, and print out downstairs in the busiiness center. A great idea I haven't seen before.

What I didn't like was that although I had a king bed room there was only one chair. There was plenty of room for more seating. It felt rather empty and would not be convenitent if two were travelling. Also the sheets were horribly stiff, rough and wrinkled. I believe they were clean, but the bed was definitely not welcoming. Breakfast was not free, which the front desk makes clear upon check-n. But the food was nice, cooked to order and pleasantly served.

I think this is OK for one night, but I would give a few others a try before returning to this property.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank mcbr
, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Meridian, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
mcbr,

Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us. We enjoyed having you here and we hope we will be able to serve you again in the future. We are sorry to hear that you found the bedding to be "rough" and "stiff," our staff prides themselves on providing the best possible stay and we will look into this. If you ever have an issue during your stay with us we invite you to speak with the nearest Associate and they will be happy to assist you in any way possible. We are glad you enjoyed your breakfast and invite you to return in the evenings to dine at our Great American Grill, serving classic American foods and local specialties.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Silsbee, Texas
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stopped in for one night & was extremely pleased. This is a newer hotel & it shows. The front desk staff was welcoming & very polite.
Our rooms were clean. Could have used a little more space between the beds & the tv & desk. Bathroom was very nice.

• Stayed June 2012
, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Meridian, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
legalcow,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. It was great having you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Be sure to ask an Associate about all the great live entertainment venues in the city.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stopped here for the night during a long road trip. My husband is a diamond Hilton Honors, so needless to say we have stayed in many Hilton hotels. The staff was very friendly, the hotel was new and very clean and the rooms were very comfortable. We enjoyed staying at this hotel and would definitely stay there again. It was very convenient to numerous restaurants for dinner when we arrived late in the evening. The breakfast was top of the line for what we have seen at other Hilton Garden Inns.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vcreed
Perry, Georgia
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Hilton Garden Inns never disdappoint! The Meridian location is convenient to the Interstate and restaurants. However, we enjoyed just relaxing in the hotel's bar. The pasta was great.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Meridian, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
GaPeach08,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We enjoyed having you here and we look forward to serving you again in the future. The are dozens of restaurants to choose from in the area, just ask an Associate for details. However, our Great American Grill provides a great menu of American classic cuisine and regional favorites served in the comfort of our hotel. So come back and relax, knowing we have everything taken care of.
Kentucky
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Stayed here Thursday night March 29th on the way to New Orleans for the Final Four. Had read the reviews and thought we may have the best property at this location. I can not say enough about the staf at this location, especially the front deak and the bar staff. They treated us like guests and took care of a request for foam, not feather, pillows. We did not have breakfast but did have drinks at the bar. The bartender took care of our request and furnished "bar trash" with our drinks. If you are on the road and need an accommodating place for the evening choose this location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RetiredKentucky
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Meridian, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
RetiredKentucky,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We enjoyed having you here and we look forward to serving you again in the future. The bar is part of our larger Great American Grill Restaurant. If you liked the bar, be sure to sample the restaurant's expanded collection of American classic cuisine served Mon. - Sat.
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Stayed late at night, close to I-59 and several restaurants. Clean hotel but I was disappointed as a hh platinum, I did not have water in my room, and when I found out I left my toothpaste behind and asked for a care kit, they gave me a little piece of toothpaste in an aluminum foil, not good for a Hilton. Hope they improved their front desk services.

Room Tip: On the six floor looking at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Meridian, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
MiaMobile,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We enjoyed having you stay with us and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Your concerns regarding the Front Desk service will be addressed during our ongoing training. During your next stay ask an Associate to recommend some of the great local restaurants located within minutes of the hotel.
Rather be in WDW
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Got in late - needed a room and they had one - thankfully. Thought it was a little over-priced - especially considering we had to pay for breakfast.

Room was very clean. Nice handwritten notes from staff in the room. Very quiet.

Staff in restaurant area made the expense of breakfast bearable. They were outstanding.

• Stayed March 2012
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Meridian, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
jrbdad,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Our staff is dedicated to providing the best stay possible and our hot, cooked-to-order breakfast is part of that. If you ever need something during a stay with us please feel free to ask any Associate and they will be glad to help.