“Delightful hosts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Meridian
Century House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Meridian B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed here in May. The room was large and lovely; the breakfast wonderful. But what made the stay particularly memorable was our hosts. Mamie and Don are delightful, two of the nicest people you'll ever meet. It was a pleasure staying there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank pinkedsel
There are newer reviews for Century House Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed here for one night and had a wonderful experience -- our hosts were charming. We arrived on our motorcycle wet and exhausted and our hosts made us feel right comfortable and warm. Our room was clean, comfortable and beautiful. We had booked a different room -- but when we arrived we were given an upgraded room with a jacuzzi. It was a very pleasant and unexpected surprise. The room was beautiful and large and comfortable -- wonderful bed -- not too soft and not too hard. I would recommend this B&B to anyone staying in the Meridian area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CastellanosML
Reviewed March 12, 2012

The Century House is located within one mile of I-20 . The beautifully restored 1902 home is interesting and the hostess fixed a fine breakfast. We prefer a more healthy style versus the traditional southern and so it is here. Mamie is welcoming as we arrived later on in the day and she kindly guided us to our destination The room was quite large . We stayed on the first floor. The bed was amazingly comfortable There is a looming street light outside the lower room so if this is a problem probably you should choose the upstairs. We travel with masks so it was not so much an issues for us. . . After traveling from Dallas to Meridian it was wonderful to fall into a nice bed. . Her recommendation of Weidmans for dinner was perfect. The food there was great and the menu was diverse , reasonable and many selections. We will revisit the Century House when we return to visit Dallas.

Room Tip: Mamie has three- two upstairs and one down.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Carroll G
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Just back from a completely enjoyable trip to Meridian, MS. We went with friends to attend a concert at the Riley Center, and the Century House was the ideal place to stay as it was conveniently located near all of our planned activities. I was really surprised to find such a place in Meridian. Such a welcome change from contemporary lodging. The rooms (there were 6 to choose from) were all large and comfortable. The parlor and sitting area downstairs was inviting. Best of all, the hosts were so gracious. They truly made us all feel welcome.
After the concert and a late dinner, we came back to the Century House to find the other guests gathered upstairs on a balcony. It was cold, but there were blankets provided and it made a wonderful place to talk and have fun.
We had all agreed upon a time for breakfast the next morning, and our hosts prepared a wonderful gourmet breakfast.
This is the absolute best choice you could make for accomodations while attending an event at the Riley Center. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank macwim
Reviewed January 2, 2012

This B&B was perfect for a birthday get away. The owners were very nice and helpful. The house was very clean and breakfast was great. We will definitely stay there if we go through Meridian again. Would highly recommend this for any couple.

Room Tip: 2 rooms have jacuzzis, can look on the website to view photos of rooms
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Robert P
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband had business in Meridian. I'm originally from Mississippi but now live in California. I didn't want to stay in a typical hotel especially the ones I saw online in the area, but I haven't stayed at B&B before and didn't know what to expect. With all the good reviews I suggested to my hubby that we would try something new. Glad we did! The owners were exceptional, very considerate and easy going. The house was lovely. The breakfast was sooooooo good. My only wish is that I could clone them and bring them out to California.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank M P
Reviewed August 27, 2011

My best friend and I have what we call "Meet in the Middle" trips. She's in Atlanta, GA...I am in Shreveport, LA. We found the Century House and decided to give it a try. We've stayed there at least 5 or 6 times now. There's no place we'd rather be. Miss Mamie and Mr. Don are wonderful hosts. The accommodations are great. The old style home is lovely. We hope to go back this September 2011 if they have "our room" available.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends