“I was hoping for a little style and old fashioned atmosphere.”
Review of Weidmann's

Weidmann's
Ranked #1 of 129 Restaurants in Meridian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2010

Weidman's is an icon and deserves to be managed with passion and care.
A lot of people choose to dine here for a special occasion or celebration.
I felt let down on our last visit celebrating our anniversary;
On entering, there is nowhere to hang ones coat. So it hangs on your chair.
The table was laid with two forks and one knive. After I used the only knive for starters I had to ask for a new knive. It took a long time and in the end snatched one from another table; my food was getting cold. (All tables had just one knive, come one Weidman's, show some sophistication). A dress code for the restaurant in the evening would be very much appreciated. (No shorts and T-shirts ) There is always the upstairs bar for the very causual diner. My entree of Fresh Salmon was not seasoned enough and burned from the gril, it was tasteless. It should have been poached or carefully pan fried. O, and perhaps a candle or a single flower on the table would be so nice ! And perhaps the very nice manager could wear a jacket or a smart shirt and set the tone.

1  Thank lekkerbekje_10

Reviewed December 5, 2010

I wasn't expecting much from Meridian, and I was impressed with this place. It's in a neat old building and has apparently been operating for years. They decorate the wall with art for sale and there's a bar that's upstairs.
The lunch special is very reasonable and there are some bargains for dinner. Their menu is pretty simple and there aren't too many options, but what they make is good. I've had the rotisserie chicken, shrimp and grits, pork chop (it's really thick) and flounder. All of it was cooked well and seasoned nicely.
If you're in town, this is a good place to go to see a piece of historic Meridian.

1  Thank MrAndazzo
Reviewed August 19, 2010

This place was recently revamped from a number of years of having overpriced, bourgeois wannabe food, to a classic dive that has gone back to the authentic "hometown" restaurant feel. They have the best beer on tap in the entire state of MS: Anchor Steam Ale and even Buffalo Sweat for $5 per 22oz. The food is pretty good. The ribeye was overcooked, the shrimp and grits are great, and the hot biscuits they bring to the table are perfect to spread peanut butter on while you wait on your meal. The best kept secret in town, as far as I'm concerned.

Reviewed June 25, 2010

I understand they take a few shots for being a touch pricey, but it's an experience destination. Think of it as a restaurant/musuem full of food and local history.

If you're in sales and looking for a great place to take a client on the challenging side, I couldn't think of a better place to start.

1  Thank JT-Steel
Reviewed February 14, 2008

Had dinner last night at Weidman's. The food, service, and atmosphere were all great. We shared the cakes. Although we should of had 2 entrees, instead of splitting one, they were delicious. All crab meat.
We will return.

4  Thank MarkJourdan

Been to Weidmann's? Share your experiences!