“Sunday Brunch is crowded for a good reason!”
Review of Weidmann's

Weidmann's
Ranked #1 of 131 Restaurants in Meridian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We were lucky to stop in Meridian, MS on Sunday, May 4, 2014. By chance, we left I-20 and found Weidmann's downtown. We arrived at 11:45 am before the rush. There is plenty of room to dine on the upstairs porch and inside too. It is not a fast food joint, there are cloth knapkins, but there is no dress code because people wore suits and dresses and shorts with T-shirts. A bridesmaid group was at a nearby table and children were at other tables in the room, but it was not loud. My wife and I tried the "special".... shrimp and grits, and we were quite pleased. The fried grits have cheese and bacon (YES!) and the shrimp are in a cream sauce poured on top. It was more than we could eat, but delicious. Service was excellent along with the food. Now that we know where it is, we will return when we pass through Meridian. Every town needs a restaurant like Weidmann's.

1  Thank JSS3

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We are in Meridian a couple of times a year & this is the only place we want to eat. We were up in the bar area - had thought about a table out on deck but they were full. Good thing we didn't get one as it started to rain. The food is always quality. The beer is always good & cold. The service this last visit was superb. Our waiter, Stephen was fast on his feet & was taking care of almost all the tables. He kept up with our orders & made sure our drinks were full. With Stephen I didn't feel like I was sitting in the bar area, it was more like service at an upscale resort or fine dining establishment. The restaurant needs to put in a dumbwaiter so that the staff doesn't need to keep running up & down the stairs for orders or extras for the meals.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I always eat at this restaurant whenever we travel through Meridian. On our way home this past week from family trip, we wanted to eat lunch there again but it was on a Sunday so we called to see if they were open. The nice young lady over the phone informed us that they were packed since it was Mother's Day but there was places at the lunch counter. Food was outstanding! Crab cakes are made with real crab meat & the loaded crab cake melted in your mouth. Fried Green Tomatoes are delicious & served several different ways. Even with the place extremely busy, Molly, one of the managers, stopped by just to check & see if we needed anything & personally took care of a discount card they had sent me. This restaurant has been part of Meridian's history for numerous years which speaks for Its success with food & service.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Our party of 7 drove over an hour to celebrate Mother's Day here. The staff was friendly upon our arrival but our waitress seemed annoyed by us being there. We had never eaten here before and had questions and our waitress ( Tori C) had short answers. When we asked for a dessert menu she told us she will look for a piece of cake for us to share! First time here and definitely the last time!!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

My friend and I were guests of some local business associates and found the restaurant to be very good. We were there on a business trip and had heard of this restaurant for over a week and was ready for our experience, or so we thought. Our server, a tall African American gentleman (and I use that term loosely) was very pushy and cocky. He was way too flamboyant for the comfort level of our colleagues and did not care that we were sitting at the table. He created an uncomfortable, unnecessary situation. His "pride" has a time and a place and it shouldn't ever be at someones dinner table where he isn't a guest, let alone introduce his server boyfriend to complete strangers. The food was nothing short than phenomenal. The lemon almond pie was excellent.

Been to Weidmann's? Share your experiences!