“Weidman's is alive and well!”
Review of Weidmann's

Weidmann's
Ranked #1 of 129 Restaurants in Meridian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2013

It had been 30 years since I ate at Weidman's. I remember the quaint atmosphere, home spun flavor and the jars of homemade peanut butter on the tables. Well, it has changed...a little. Still a quaint atmosphere, especially downstairs--quiet dining. Upstairs is a little different; a hip bar scene with tablecloths and seating on the balcony. We ate upstairs with a livelier crowd. The food was great! Crab cakes were huge and delicious. Shrimp and grits was awesome! We did not care for the singer that evening, but that may just be our taste in music. He was very nice and cordial, just a little bit loud for us as we were trying to talk to friends. Downstairs is better for conversing! Can't wait to go back. So glad they have maintained the atmosphere, food and service! A historic landmark that has survived! Oh, you can request the jar of peanut butter! Amazing!

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Passing through Meridian, MS, I stopped at this historic restaurant, and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. This is not your grandma's shrimp and grits. Southern food at it best got a modern twist. I ordered the shrimp and lobster spring rolls and smoked salmon BLT, and my husband ordered the catfish poboy and gumbo. We loved our food. My husband said it was the best catfish poboy he has ever tasted and the gumbo- one of the best. He's from Louisiana, so that's saying a lot! The atmosphere in the historic building was so pleasant, and the staff super nice. Can't wait to go back next time we're passing through.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very strong 4 star here. We tried a few appetizers and were very happy with the fired green tomatoes and crab cakes. The entres were also tasty. I had the shrimp and grits and it was just OK. Too many favors for a simple dish like this. But the other meal was well made. From what I saw and tried I can't wait to go back though. Just no shrimp/grits. We also had some homemade pies and those were excellent. Nice ambiance and great service.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was my third visit to this restaurant in six months while traveling on business to Meridian. As usually the service was good and the food quite good. This time I had the redfish which was terrific. If you are looking for a downtown historic restaurant that has good food and service; this is the place.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Loved the old-world ambience of this restaurant. The servers were very attentive and the food delicious.