“Historic Carousel”

The Dentzel Carousel
Reviewed May 21, 2013

To find out that you are sitting on an animal that is valued over $45,000... shocked! We had a tour that took us to the park where the carousel is housed, if you are a history buff, it's interesting to hear the stories and the fact that you can still ride this piece of history is incredible! Seems like it would be a great place for birthday parties, not for group functions in my opinion. The park is a bit of a challenge to find, but certainly something to see if you are visiting Meridian.

2  Thank Lisa G

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The carousel is beautiful. I agree with the other comments that it's not in the best neighborhood, but I would still go back (during daylight hours). The carousel is 50 cents a ride and there's a small concession stand with the highest price of $1.50 (for bottled water). Great way to spend a little time and very little money.

1  Thank AnonATL
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

The city needs to move this carousel out of its current location. I use to take our of town guests to visit, but since there are drive-by shootings I will not be back. It is a treasure to see, but not great enough for the risk.

2  Thank needavaca1
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This place was kind of hard to find, nothing much around it. It was in the middle of a park, I think. I really can't make a commet on the Carousel because it was close when we went.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The city is going to lose this treasure if they don't start taking better care of it. It's in a bad neighborhood, is difficult to get to, so you won't find it unless you are looking for it and then because of the closed off access to the park, you may have to go all the way around to the other entrance as we did. When we arrived, the kids running it were playing hip hop music very loudly and seemed to care less that we had even entered the building.

1  Thank MS_Vaquero