“Great Dining at the Rustler”
Review of The Rustler

The Rustler
Ranked #4 of 129 Restaurants in Meridian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Meridian's perfect restaurant for business, date night, friends and family. USDA choice or higher steaks, prime rib and seafood.
Meridian, Mississippi
“Great Dining at the Rustler”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

What a pleasant surprise! Great atmosphere and friendly service...... Not to mention the food was excellent. Dim lighting sets the mood. I visited with three other co-workers on a Monday afternoon and found it was the perfect place to unwind after work. The waitress was so pleasant and helpful. I had a delicious lobster tail with creamy spinach and a baked potato to die for. My co-workers enjoyed steaks. There is a bar connected to the restaurant. I went over and looked in but didn't stay long or order anything to drink. My advice, get the cheese cake with strawberries.... delicious! It's a little off the beaten path in Meridian [ just off I 20W at exit 150 on Old Hwy 80 behind Okland Heights School] but well worth looking up.

• Visited May 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I saw their commercial on TV and we decided to try it. I can attest that this is the BEST steak I have eaten in many years. Chef Leif is awesome and so is the staff. If you eat here you will not be disappointed. We will be back many more times.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Rlreed9104
Meridian, Mississippi
“Best steak and atmosphere in Meridian, Ms”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

There is no compromise in the quality of the food, service or atmosphere. It is an intimate setting, casual (or you can dress) and you never feel rushed. There are no clanking dishes when near by tables are being cleared away. If you don't have reservations - go anyway. You will not regret eating here.

• Visited March 2014
N. Georgia
“Succulent Steaks Have No Rival”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Don't let the off-the-beaten path location and rustic appearance of this steakhouse put you off: inside it has a pleasant, clubby atmosphere with white tablecloths, black napkins, full place settings and good, comfortable dining chairs. It is has no competition for outstanding food in the Meridian area. The chef is excellent, the quality of the beef is superb, and I have never had a more delicious and flavorful steak anywhere. Both the rib eye my husband and adult son enjoyed and the petite filet I savored were better than any I've enjoyed in Atlanta's or New York's best and most highly acclaimed steak houses. Thick prime beef, with mouthwatering flavor and cooked exactly to order is the main feature, but the crab cakes appetizer was also very good. The salads were fresh and crisp and the portions generous. I enjoyed the asparagus and loaded potato as well. Our service was excellent, and the bar drinks well prepared. This is a very special restaurant and a welcome find in this part of Mississippi-- so good we ate there two consecutive nights!

• Visited March 2014
West Nyack, New York
“Good steak house with varied menu.”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This restaurant is in an out of the way location, but apparently is very popular. There is a lovely old-fashioned dining room with a fireplace, but unfortunately we were seated in a second smaller space nearer the "lounge" i.e. the bar. The food was quite good. I had the grilled shrimp and not steak, but the steaks that passed by looked very good. On a Saturday night, I would definitely recommend reservations. We saw people waiting for over half an hour to be seated. Fortunately we had booked ahead.

Visited February 2014

Been to The Rustler? Share your experiences!