“Was a very suitable place for a nights stay on the way somewhere.”

Extend a Suites Meridian
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Meridian
Auckland, New Zealand
“Was a very suitable place for a nights stay on the way somewhere.”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Room very clean, safe and secure. Bed large and very comfortable. Rates excellent and front desk people were very helpful. Free breakfast in the morning was good also.

Room Tip: Park at your door.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Natick, MA
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We travel with our dog alot. We were very pleasantly surprised that this hotel had no charge for our dog. The check in was very nice, turns out the gal at the counter was the owners daughter. She was so helpful. The rooms are ok a little dated but clean. The cost was $67 plus 9 % tax. The next morning we spoke with the owner. Very nice man and very good to his staff. We will stay her again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank momskier
Metro DC
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I stayed at the Quality Inn because most of the other local chain hotels were booked up. The Quality Inn is made up of multiple two-story motel-style buildings. Staff was friendly and quickly moved me out of the smoking room to which I was accidentally assigned. But the second room was worse. There was a large dead bug in the middle of the worn-out carpet. The windows were filthy and the fixtures were dusty. I turned on the sink and streams of brown water shot out for several minutes. I drank bottled water during the trip just to be safe.

There was a cigarett burn hold in the bedspread but the linens were otherwise clean and the bed adequately comfortable.

We tried the free breakfast the first day. There was a very friendly woman making omelets - a nice touch. But the milk was sour and we ate at the Waffle House across the street for the rest of the trip.

There was no desk in the room - just a table and chair, so it's really not appropriate for busines travel. It is inexpensive and not _horrible_ --- but stay elsewhere if you can.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank MvGel

Travelers are raving about these Meridian hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 28, 2010

Pros: Friendly, responsive staff. Conveniently located to the highway. Non-lumpy beds.

Cons: Decaying physical plant with inadequate wiring. Smelly rooms. Molasses-slow Internet access.

My room had a slightly musty smell that turned to a urine-like smell after a rainstorm increased the humidity. Unfortunately, the mildew smell from the AC unit (which, in its favor, was strong enough to cool the room down very quickly) was not quite enough to overpower the urine smell, so I got whiffs of both mildew and urine depending on where I sat in the room.

I wasn't thrilled with this, but it didn't matter that much to me because I was really, really tired and hungry after a full day of meetings and just wanted to eat my take-out dinner and go to sleep. My task was made easier by the excruciatingly slow (but free) wireless Internet access, which discouraged me from surfing the web.

Unfortunately, at around 9:30 at night, the fuse in my room blew, apparently because the circuit couldn't handle recharging both my laptop and my cell phone at the same time. On the plus side, the owner/manager drove from home very quickly to try to get it fixed. On the minus side, the fusebox was apparently so old that he couldn't get the fuse to stay in the "on" position. So after a half-hour or so of him struggling with the fusebox while I stood outside in the dark, I had to borrow his flashlight, pack up my things in the dark, and move to a new room. The new room was next to a vomit-stained breezeway. Although the overpowering smell of perfumed cleaning chemicals inside the room made me a little concerned, I was tired and the bed was not lumpy, so I fell asleep pretty quickly.

The staff does deserve kudos for being friendly and responsive. But I can't really recommend this place on that alone.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
New York, NY
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Stayed here for a few nights. Very much an older motel. Sitting right next to a brand new Holiday Inn Express. This motel is popular with truckers and those who like to grill out of the back of their pickups while pulling their room furniture out to the parking lot.
On the good side: Very nice front desk staff, very strong air conditioning in the rooms and an amazing free breakfast with tons of choices including homemade omelets.
Nothing else is worth mentioning.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Marion,IN
Reviewed May 15, 2010

We stayed here on our wandering return from FL and couldn't beat the rate at any other locaction. The rooms are all outside entry and there are no elevators to the second level, not a problem for us though. The room was very spacious, quiet and appeared to be very clean although we did find a towel stuffed between the desk and dresser. The breakfast was wonderful and plentiful. Now for the not so rosy review. The driveway to the back buildings is in serious need of repaving, not patching. The hotel seems to attract work crews and on the night we were there, the rooms below us had a charcoal grill going in the lot and they had pulled chairs from the room out around the grill. From about 7:00 pm until I finally called the desk at after 10:00 they were outside loud taking and drinking beer. They did quit after the desk clerk came and asked them to quit....kudos to that person. So that might not be everyone's perfect stay. I would stay here again, but would check if work crews were there.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
texas
Reviewed February 6, 2010

You could call us bargain shoppers and this place was great. We are seniors and price is always crucial. Used a coupon from a booklet picked up at the Mississippi welcome center..the price was the best......$45 before tax...described a great breakfast...turned out to be one of the best motels we have ever had for the price. Had room 313 with king bed. Sheets were near new, bed was great. We had a room at the back where it was quiet. The front desk lady was very efficient and friendly. Breakfast was great and we would definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple