“Excellent place to stay - great location and price”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Meridian
Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Meridian
Reviewed January 11, 2011

My stay at the Microtel has been excellent! Really appreciate the friendly staff and the location is the best in town - right by the beautiful Bonita Lake and walking distance to the mall, also Mcalister deli right next door is a very convenient treat with healthy food. If you have pets is ideal, the bay window is awesome for your pets to sit on and look outside, and the rooms with the suite have a sink, overhead microwave and shelving to make a mini kitchen - good for extended stay - the price is right, great location, and safe area. Clean pretty landscaping surrounds and the breakfast is great has all you need including hot food, biscuists gravy, the waffle machine, fresh pastries, sausages, eggs, hot/cold cereal, juices and 24/7 fresh coffee along with free daily newspapers and clean lobby with excellent lounge area to check out the daily weather on the huge flatscreen. Also the mall across the street also has a movie complex, mall with food court and excellent shops, Beef o Brady's is in the mall along with an excellent mexi restaurant, Cici pizza and OCharley's right across the street, many immediate attractions in nice vicinity.....think best deal for hotel with price, location, and floorplan.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 18, 2010

I've always passed up Microtel Inns because of the cheap Motel 6 look, but their hotel in Meridian blew me away. The room is small, yet spacious enough that you don't feel cramped. The bed and pillows seemed top of the line, very comfortable. I would rank this hotel right along side a Holiday Inn Express or Comfort Suites.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2010

I would stay again for a one night stopover. This Microtel is conveniently located just a few blocks from the interstate, but set back in a quiet area. The parking is secure and the drive up clean. Located near shopping and walk to restaurants. Bordered by other hotels and bank.

The check in was a bit slow but no real problems. The price of $55 + tax seems a little high to me for this area but there were few vacancies the night we stayed. The lobby is clean. Elevator to the room. The room was one of microtel's small rooms, a bit too cramped. Micro/fridge/coffee pot. Internet quick, tv had full line up of channels. The bedding was clean but we both found the bed much too soft. The bathroom was clean.

The breakfast was very good. There was a large assortment of cereals and breads along with eggs, sausage, biscuits and waffles. The coffee was New Orleans style - excellent.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2010

We arrived very late (nearly midnight) and found our reservation was in order. The desk clerk was courteous and within minutes we'd made our way to our room, which was a very pleasant surprise. Our room was spacious and well-equipped, including a refrigerator and microwave. The bed was wonderful. Everything was very clean. To borrow from those old Motel 6 commercials, if you're looking for a clean, confortable room at an affordable price, I highly recommend this Microtel. Now, for the negative part. The hotel advertises that breakfast is provided from 0630 to 0930. I arrived in the lobby at 0730 to find virtually all of the provisions already gone. When I say gone, I mean all of the biscuits, all but a spoonful of eggs, one link sausage and half of a bagel. Luckily, the coffee pot was full so I was at least able to get my caffeine fix. There appeared to be a few other guests who'd already eaten and were outside enjoying a smoke, so I was willing to give the staff the benefit of the doubt (maybe they just hadn't had time to restock). But, as I sipped coffee and continued to wait for fresh supplies, I realized it wasn't happening. So, I approached the desk clerk and requested food. After all, by my watch there were still two hours left for breakfast. My request was not well-received and the staff seemed reluctant to restock. However, they did bring out a few more biscuits. So, if you're traveling with kids or if you're really counting on a big breakfast as part of your stay, you might want to take this into consideration. However, it would not prevent me from staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I gave it high marks for a budget motel because it had new everything. Also, I liked the enclosed halls and clean parking lot.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2010

My experience with Microtel Hotels, which I use frequently, has generally been good to excellent, with the occasional negative review. This particular location is somewhat below the median for my Microtel experience. I was traveling with business colleagues and we had several rooms, but checked in individually.

To start with, when we arrived, there were parking issues because there were two 18-wheeler trucks parked in the driveway, which made it hard to maneuver into the parking lot or to get to the back parking lot. Of note is that if you park in the back parking lot, you will find the access door is marked "always locked" but your room card will not open it as it is supposed to do, so you have to walk around front no matter what you do. The door opens out readily enough so it is not a fire hazard. In addition, this is one of the current crop of Microtel hotles that does not have an overhang under which you can drive, so if it is raining, your luggage will get wet. Consider another hotel if rain is predicted or present.

Check-in was a little slow and the clerk was not as friendly as some but the reservation was correct and unlike some places, they didn't make a copy of the credit card and driver's license. I had asked for a non-smoking room, and that's what I got, but I was on a "smoking floor" where half the rooms are non-smoking and half are not. When the elevator door opened, we were overwhelmed by the smell of smoke. This made me wonder how it would be in the room but when I opened the door, the air conditioning was running full blast and the room was pleasantly cold (very hot weather outside) unlike the usual experience with these hotels where the rooms are not air conditioned before your arrival. Possibly this was done to keep the smoke smell out and certainly, it was only somewhat discernable in the room. If you have a real allergy problem with smoke, you may need to investigate whether there is a non-smoking floor or either select a different hotel.

The room was quite clean but somewhat worn. The chair pad had very noticeable stains. Coffeemaker, refrigerator, microwave, iron and ironing board were provided. The TV worked well but I didn't use it very much so I don't know the channel selection. The internet was easy to access and adequately fast.. The bathroom was spotlessly clean and there was a good selection of linens. The shower pressure was fair to poor and only by putting on the "massage" pressure was it adequate to rinse my hair. The sink drained very slowly, and no manipulation of the drain plug changed that. Overall, it was obvious that this hotel is worn but being maintained cosmetically so that it is acceptable.

Checkout was fast and easy with no complications. The breakfast setup was so inadequate that we all left and went to a nearby restaurant to eat. I would stay again at t this Microtel as long as there is no threat of rain, but if there is and you have to park around the side you're going to get very wet. Don't plan to eat breakfast here and ask for a non-smoking floor in your reservation request.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Nighthawk416
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We stayed at the Microtel Inn & Suites in Meridian, MS for one night, on July 24, 2010. We arrived around 4pm, and checked in without issue. The lady at the front desk was polite, and had us checked in quickly, directing us to our room, which was a non-smoking queen bed suite, #122.

We were pleased with our room, which was small for a suite (about the size of a regular hotel room), but well arranged. The room smelled and appeared clean. There was a queen bed and sofa bed. Also there was a microwave, refrigerator and a small sink. There was plenty of lighting in the room as well.

There were only 3 things we actually found complaint worthy. The television (not a LCD or Flat screen) was placed on top of the 'closet' facing the cabinetry above the island which separated the bedroom from the living space making it difficult to watch tv from the far side of the bed. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were overly firm for my taste. The breakfast was plentiful, but the eggs, which I think might have been instant, were runny. The best part of the breakfast were the waffles, but it was difficult to get one as they only had one waffle maker to serve approximately 20 people.

There is a McAlister's Deli next door, and across the street is the Bonita Lakes Mall, as well as an O'Charley's restaurant. Further down the street, and through the traffic light there are several fast food restaurants to include McDonalds and Popeyes.

When all was said and done, our $70 dollars was well spent for a weekend night.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends