“average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Meridian

Baymont Inn & Suites Meridian
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Meridian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Booked this hotel as a mystery hotel thorugh Hotwire. Price was cheap enough. Good for one night. Clean and bed confortable. Breakfast decent. Be aware though, they are building a coal plant near Meridian and every hotel is full of workers. There seemed to be about 6 guys in the room next to us and they were sitting in the doorway calling home and just hanging out. No issues just a little scarey if you are traveling along.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are convenient as cars back up to room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
McCalla, Alabama, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I travel every week for work and was told by numerous people that Baymont is a nice place to stay. I have experienced quite the opposite. When I checked in, they assigned me to a room and when I went to open the door, there was someone already in the room. I walked in on a complete stranger. It was very embarrassing. I was then assigned another room on the bottom floor. In this room, there is a steady stream of ants walking along the sink/counter. I sat my toothbrush holder on the counter long enough to brush my teeth and three or four ants were already walking all over it. The sheets and pillow cases are dirty looking and stained. They are not white or clean looking at all. There is also an issue with towels here. Housekeeping came in on two occasions while I had left the room and took my dirty towels but didn't leave any new towels for me to use. When I returned to my room a little while later, they decided to try and bring me towels then. I have been working overnights while here, I don't need people coming into my room numerous times a day to clean/bring towels when I am trying to rest and get some sleep. Coworkers of mine have also said that they had issues with the towels. One man told me that they just left him a bath mat and another woman I worked with said they left her one washcloth and she didn't realize it until she got out of the shower to dry off. Lastly, the one thing that sent me over the edge is the fact that they were power washing the second level and power washed all the dirt and debris onto the top of my car. I went to complain about it and the girl at the front desk acted like I was bothering or annoying her when I told her about it. She told me Corporate was the one doing it and then proceeded to tell whoever she was on the phone with to try and not spray the cars. The tone of her voice told me that it was a hassle to her to tell them that or that I was complaining for no reason. It doesn't matter who is doing it. They should have the courtesy to not spray the cars below with dirt and debris. If so, ask people to move their cars to another spot while they do it. I am sure if it was her car, she would be mad too! So now, I have to spend money to take my car through a carwash to scrape the clumps of dirt and whatever else there is off of the hood, sides and windshield of my car. I will never stay at Baymont again after this experience. Horrible!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Misty W

Travelers are raving about these Meridian hotels