“Overpriced, but decent food”
Review of Sake Sushi

Sake Sushi
Ranked #17 of 130 Restaurants in Meridian
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I'm just traveling through town and thought I'd check this place out since I don't eat red meat and food options are limited in the South in that regard. It was the lunch service and I sat at the sushi bar as the hibachi tables were full (good sign) and I smelled like car.

The service was fine until it was time to pay the bill...then I couldn't find my waitress. I only ordered two rolls, Spicy Yellowtail and salmon wrapped in cucumber. It wasn't bad...but I've definitely had better sushi. Why was there no complimentary miso soup...at an American sushi restaurant. And I'm still puzzled as to why the riceless sushi was twice as expensive.

Overall, the place was mostly disappointing because I know better.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Went here Friday and it is definitely one of my favorite sushi places! Very fresh and delicious. The service was also great and decently fast for it being packed.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is one of my favorite places to eat. Sushi is fresh and always good. Prices are comparable to other japanese places. Service is sometimes slow but they are usually packed!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great food! This is one of the best Japanese steakhouses I have ever been to. Money saving tip- Visit at lunch time, same amount of food for half the price.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I like the shrimp, steak and chicken here. I haven't tried everything they have because I always do a repeat of the things I already know that i like.
Very tasty food.