“Nice Hotel”

Holiday Inn: Meridian E - I 20/I 59
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Meridian
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Traveling from CO back to SC... didn't have reservations and just walked in after stopping in the Drury first and being told that the least expensive room was $130 and they were "sold out" of senior rate rooms... Anyway this hotel was a few dollars less and the front desk hostesses were very nice... Clean, quiet, friendly...very nice place... We checked in late and left early but the stay was perfect except that we are used to getting breakfast included... We had been there some time before we realized that it was a "real" Holiday Inn and not an Express... Not really a problem since we just stopped at one of the many fast food places across the street for biscuits and coffee in the morning... Rooms are real nice and they actually have HD channels on the HD TV...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brent S

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed one night after an Alabama home game going back to the Dallas area. Great location, quiet rooms, clean, nice accomodations, firm bed. Hotel looks about 5 years old, didn't eat there, many food options close, across I-20.

Staff was very nice, liked the little goody bag upon check in. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed on our way home from Tennessee to Texas. The hotel staff was super friendly. The rooms very very clean. The beds were very comfortable. My kids loved breakfast here. They really enjoyed the express pancake maker. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were traveling as a family moving my father to Nashville. We stayed one night. The hotel is in a great location, the rooms are very clean and classy. The breakfast we ordered to take up to the rooms were excellent. The staff was very courteous. We left something behind so they are going to send it to us. Thank you all so much. Some of these my dad needs right away, especially for his wheelchair. Will definitely stay again! The only negative thing was that there evidently was a Harley event in the area and many of them stayed here. So the noise from the motorcycles were very loud, especially when they would return at 1:30 AM. But this is not the hotel's fault. Wished they could have parked them in the back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed at this property one night on our way to the Dixie Youth World Series. The hotel is in very good shape and the staff was very nice. I didn't use the pool, bar, or restaurant , but they looked nice.
The rooms were very nice and maintained. All in all, the hotel is a good choice if you are not a lite sleeper. The hotel is VERY close to the access road and the Interstate. Traffic noise all day and night ; big trucks. You would think they would have insulated the walls and windows more being in that location. They didn,t !

Room Tip: Donot stay on the I- 20 side The noise from traffic is night and day.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DAWGTRIP
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night while en route to Texas. Very nice rooms and reception area. Comfy bed, but hated the pillows. Most were too thick, great for reading in bed, but not for sleeping on. Since we were pulling a U-Haul trailer, we were glad to see the hotel offered complimentary shuttle service to local restaurants. Driver was prompt and courteous.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank ThatTexasChick
Reviewed May 31, 2013

First let me say that the staff and hotel were overall good. We didn't try the bar or restaurant, so I can't speak for those. The only negative issue experienced was the noise coming from the highway and entrance ramp, which are a matter of feet from the hotel. During the day there were vehicles accelerating as they entered the ramp which created a lot of noise, but it did quite down a little during the night.

Room Tip: I would ask for a certain room location away from the highway, but they all face the highway from wh...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keltoid
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn: Meridian E - I 20/I 59, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear keltoid,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. However, I would like to apologize for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A