“Just right..” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Meridian
Jackson, Mississippi
“Just right..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

The staff was great, the rooms were almost new. The location was very convenient and could not hear outside noise at all.

The restaurant was laid out in kind of an odd way... but the food was absolutely great. I was told that they had that chef that used to work at Weidmans... I asked for a special twist on my salad and salmon, and it was awesome.

However, the waitress was slooowww

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Nice but overpriced. Clean and comfortable but still overpriced. Nice breakfast room but way to expensive when just grabbing something before hitting the road

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Sefranker
Slidell, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel recently for several nights to attend some social functions. The hotel is fairly new and is really nice. The housekeeping staff does a good job as do the front desk people.

The hotel has a limited service restaurant (breakfast and dinner). The food in the limited service restaurant is good there, but the service needs a "tune up." Managment needs to better train the wait staff. Still, it's okay.

The limited service restaurant provided both a cocktail hour selection of foods one night and a sit down dinner another night. What can I say, but that it was outstanding food!!

Would I stay here again? Yes.

The only drawback is its location on a frontage road off I - 20&59 that makes entering and leaving a bit difficult until one gets accustomed to it.

Room Tip: If you are staying several nights, reserve one of their suites. Gives you more room and the living...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CoastalDog
Slidell, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

This was not my first stay at this hotel. I travel a lot on business and really enjoy the clean and comfortable rooms when I stay at this location. On my last visit - April 22, I laid my beautiful cross necklace on the bathroom counter (sink area) until I finished with my hair. Well, unfortunately I forgot the necklace was laying there and left the hotel to drive to my next destination. When I realized I had left the necklace, I contacted the hotel immediately because I remember the hotel cleaning staff that was outside the room upon my departure. I was told I would be contacted on Monday, April 23. After I did not receive a call back, I called the hotel again Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...and so on. NO RESPONSE!! It is unfortunate that NO ONE at this hotel felt the need to exercise customer service and/ or courtesy to even contact me regarding my lost. This was a very special necklace to me. I would not recommend this hotel due to the lack of customer serivce and inability to display concern for the guests.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bailey864
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn: Meridian E - I 20/I 59, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Bailey864,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I like this hotel a lot. I have not used another as when I come to Meriden, I always come here. The hotel is very clean and spacious, the beds VERY comfortable and I like the fact I can eat on site and have a glass of wine if I get in late.
The staff are always helpful, especially Ms. Mamie....
If there is an issue, it's addressed promptly. No complaints here, well run establishment. Thanks!

• Stayed March 2012
Morrison, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

This is a nice Holiday Inn. Great rooms ect... What you would expect from a new hotel. But the staff was rude and because of that I did not stay there on my way back home. I went to the Holiday Inn Express and Suites. The staff can make or break you.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kayla T
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

The room itself was of a high standard, as was the general hotel space. We had a room at the back left corner of the hotel and I think this may have worsened our noise situation but we could clearly hear the traffic from the interstate and the many horn blasts through the night from the apparently not too distant railroad. The wifi seemed a bit patchy in that extremity of the hotel too.

Room Tip: I'd opt for a more central room and definitely be sure to ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple