“Comfortable Stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Meridian
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Meridian
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel is in a great location.The young lady at the desk was very friendly,helpful.The room was really clean .The staff was friendly.My five year old son loved it. The breakfast was delicious.The cook was super friendly and helpful.I was disappointed there wasn't a microwave in our room.The overall stay was great.I the homey feel with books in the livingroom.I will be back someday soon.The location is near the mall and resturants like O'Charley,CiCi Pizza,McAllisters .

Room Tip: Ask is their a microwave in room.
Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Meridian

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have been on the road for about four weeks, and this hotel rates an EXCELLENT! We were greeted with such warmth and welcoming friendliness by Shante (as well as another lovely lady who was a trainee). Our room was very nice with comfortable beds and nice linens. (If I have one complaint, the room did have some stuffiness as the a/c was not running....please leave it on, even if on very low speed). I love the at-home feel of the Country Inn&Suites, and this was no exception. Liked the convenience of having a restaurant next door. Always nice to sit out front in the rocking chairs. Enjoyed a very good night's rest in a quiet room on the first floor. Free breakfast was very adequate and Mary, the attendant was extremely gracious, and went out of her way to be of service to us. As we were leaving, one of the many friendly staff on duty, Alfred, insisted that he take the cart out to our car. Now that's service with a smile! I met the general manager upon departure and complimented her on the quality of service we received. This hotel should get awards for their customer service. We know where to stay if ever in the area again.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had made reservations here based on Tripadvisor reviews, and was not disappointed. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, and the beds were great. The hotel is a short distance from I-20 which is good because there is no noise from trucks. The breakfast was fine as I am not a breakfast person, nut the lady working the area made it pleasant.

All in all, it was great stay and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We arrived after 13 hours of driving on our way to Texas. We were greeted with a smile and the check in was quick. The room was large and well decorated. Very clean and nice soap and shampoo. The bed firm but not hard. We never heard any of our neighbors upstairs or next door. Many places to eat within walking distance to this hotel. The pool and hot tub looked nice and was open until 10PM or 11:00. Did not use it but it looked nice. The breakfast on weekends was not supposed to start until 7:00 but we passed the breakfast room and it was open with hot food at 6:20 am. A very nice lady was making sure everything was hot and ready to go. Eggs, pastries, fruit, and Waffles. Juice and Coffee. The fresh cookies at the front desk made for a nice treat in the evening and also one for the road in the morning., I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We came in late,needed room and the front desk staff was very helpful and got us in without a hassle.My wife and grandchildren had stayed here earlier this summer and found hotel to be great.The location is quiet and still close to many resturaunts.The complimentary breakfst was also very good and the lady working the area is so pleasant and helpful.the room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was the most pleasant experiences during my entire vacation. The lovely young lady at the desk was flawless in every area. She made everyone that I saw in her presence feel special. She was informative about where to eat and places that we may find interesting. The suite was the nicest and most comfortable of any that I have experienced in the area and I have stayed at most of the hotels there. I will stay there again when I am in the area.

Room Tip: This is a concern about all of the lodging places in Meridian, MS. Why are the rooms so expensive...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Summer H
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We arrived around 7 pm and had a quick check-in. The room was very comfortable and very spacious. The room was very standard with a king bed, flat screen tv, and shower. The room was very quiet and provided for a good night's sleep. The breakfast was pretty impressive for a hotel....sausage, biscuits, waffles, fruit, juices, etc. The hotel was well worth the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple