We had to find a place to meet our son and daughter-in-law to give them their dog; They live in Louisiana and we live in Tennessee. We try to stay at military bases because they are much cheaper, but the military base in Meridian would not allow pets. So we typed in "pet friendly hotels - Meridian, MS" and found Drury Inn & Suites. I thought there had been an error because that hotel looked way too nice to allow animals, but I was wrong. We all four stayed in room 624 - it had two queen beds. The room was really clean with the exception that there was spots on the skirt of one of the beds that looked like someone had spilled gravy on it. That really didn't bother me, as the rest of the room was spotless. The bathroom is huge with granite tile floors that match the sink. There is built in pumps with shampoo, conditioner and soap in the shower so you don't have to deal with the small bottles if you forget your own. We were offered military rate of stay so for four people, it cost us $112.79 tax and all. For that money, we got a VERY clean and comfortable room. We were fed a simple, yet satisfying meal - choices were salad, hot dogs, chili, nachos with cheese and salsa. There was coke and juices available to drink. We were also given an alcoholic drink card, where EACH of us could have 3 free drinks of our choice. In the morning, we were fed donuts, yogurt, waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage and gravy. There was fruit available, as well as orange and apple juice. There were several types of bagels to choose from and spreads for the bagels. So for $113, we got a total of 8 meals with drinks, 12 alcoholic drinks and a extremely nice and comfortable room to sleep in. Divide that between 4 people and it is less than $30 each. You can't get that at Motel 6! I found myself trying to figure out how they stay in business. Very impressive. The staff was very nice, too!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Inn & Suites Meridian offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. Step into Meridian and step back in time. Learn about the father of country music at the Jimmie Rodger’s Museum, stop by the Causeyville General Store or go for a ride on the historic Dentzel Carousel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Meridian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Meridian Hotel Meridian
- Drury Inn And Suites Meridian