“Our first stay with Drury Inn.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drury Inn & Suites Meridian

Drury Inn & Suites Meridian
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Meridian
Houston, Texas
“Our first stay with Drury Inn.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Was our first time to stay in a Drury Inn. Was told this hotel was five years old. Everything was very clean, nice large lobby, very friendly staff. Evening "Kick back" 5:30 to 7, served free soft drinks, wine and beer, nice mix of items to eat. Chicken strips, mac and cheese, bake potato, salad, hot dogs, chilli and cheese, Quality of food, was okay for a free snack or meal. Bake potato was the best. Breakfast had a few more selections of hot food than some other hotel chains, quality of food was about average and there is no extra charge. Yes we would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Harrisburg, Il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Service was great, friendly staff. Plus, 2 meals and popcorn in the afternoon, included in the price of the room! Hotel manager talked to each guest, was very friendly. Location was easy to get to, right off interstate. Fairly close to Graceland and downtown.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I had a change in my reservation upon arrival and the front desk gentleman was extremely accomodating and helpful. They had my room ready based on my original reservation, but he happily helped me change it to two queens. I was impressed that he even looked up my reservation to see if I had put any special notes, which I had. He was able to accomodate me there as well. (So many people in customer service these days may change it for you, but don't go the extra mile to try to make it as close to your original request/needs. MUCH APPRECIATED!!!)
This hotel had a LOT of guests it seemed. The lobby was BUZZING since it was appetizer/drink time. I didn't realize that they do open up this time to the public for a reasonable price. Nice to know if you have someone meeting you at the hotel before heading out.
Our room was very nice, typical "new Drury." We slept great...beds were comfy. We did go to the pool. It was fine for the kids. (We didn't stick around too long because some of the other guests were a little on the rowdy/obnoxious side.)
Breakfast was great as usual at any Drury. The only complaint was simply rude/obnoxious people that were also staying there...no fault of Drury's.
We didn't realize that this is also a pet friendly hotel??? We awoke the next morning to a dog barking somewhere. We don't usually stay at pet friendly hotels (although we DO LOVE pets)...but good to know for those that need it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MREA5
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very clean, great customer service, fast elevators, great price to value, good breakfast and shockingly good dinner items. Who would have thought that a hotel in this price class would offer any thing other than cookies in the evening?

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor - very quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed for one night on the way to New Orleans. We had an oversized queen room. It was wonderfully spacious and greast for 4 women to spread out all of their stuff. We arrived too late for the evening food, but breakfast was really good. I would definitly return to Drury again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Pocono Manor, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

The hotel is easy enough to find. It's located in a very convenient place. There's a bunch of food options and there is a mall nearby, with a movie theater. Was in town for a funeral , so I have no idea about the night life etc. Breakfast was the only meal I ate there and it was nice. home cooked taste to everything. the kitchen staff was very nice and accommodating. Front desk was ok too.
The room decor is very outdated looking but fine. The only real negative thing I could say was that the room had a weird unpleasant smell. Hard to describe but it was like someone cleaned the carpet but it didn't dry right/completely. Oh yea and the mattress was gross. how do I know? well when I was leaving I decided to strip the bed as a courtesy to housekeeping , I'm so glad i didn't look beforehand , cause i was seriously disgusted. When I arrived I was going to request another room but I barely spent anytime in there as I had last minute funeral arrangements to make.
would i stay here again? maybe for a night if i was just passing through but not a long term stay.

Room Tip: rooms on the cracker barrel side are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank elevated
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Meridian, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so much for being our guest during your recent trip! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you also for taking the time to comment on the service that you received from our front desk and kitchen staffs. Our team always appreciates being recognized for a job well done. I am sorry to hear that you did not like the smell of our carpet cleaning product. If you will mention this while making your next reservation with us, we will be sure to book a special room for you and use some alternatively scented products. Your helpful feedback has been reviewed by our management team, so that we can provide "even better than expected" service going forward.

Thanks again,

Randall Sims
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We just returned from a 10 day road trip and our stay at the Meridian Drury Inn was the BEST! I chose the hotel due to the previously posted reviews and they were right on! One of the cleanest hotels ever. Everything was in tip top condition. Enjoyed the evening beverage service and breakfast was very good. We had battery issues with our car the next morning and a young employee named Jeff quickly came to our aid and was most helpful. Can't say anything negative about our stay. We will return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple