“A stop on the way back home!”

Drury Inn & Suites Meridian
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Meridian
Clarksville, TN
“A stop on the way back home!”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

A stop on the way back home and a very nice hotel. Easy to get to and lots of restaurants close by withint walking distance. We were traveling passed the free dinner meal so the restaurants close by were really a convenience when getting into town around 9. Great place, friendly staff, and good breakfast. Very clean hotel!

Room Tip: Large quiet rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DianneF50

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Spring, Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We always try to get a Drury Inn & Suites when traveling with 3 kids and 2 dogs. Had reservations for 2-bed suite with sleeper sofa, but when we checked in, noticed that there was no sleeper sofa in the 2-bed suite. Manager quickly reviewed the reservation, noted that our original room was not available, and gave us an adjoining 2-bed suite at no extra charge! So instead of the expected 2 beds & sleeper, we now had 4 beds and 2 bathrooms! This was especially helpful with 3 females! Plenty of dog-walking area near the hotel, and we all enjoyed the make-your-own waffles in the morning. We've never been disappointed with Drury.

1 Thank CentreAg
Louisiana
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed in the 2 queen bed suite. The room was huge. So nice to stay in a room that the 5 of us could fit in so comfortably. The room was clean and the beds were comfy. The room was also quiet. The weather was stormy the night we stayed and I did not hear anything. The hotel is conveniently located to the interstate and to many restaurants. Everyone at the Drury was very nice and friendly; the employees and other guests. This is the 2nd Drury I have stayed in (the other in New Orleans) and I have been pleased with both.

2 Thank Hestia_55
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This was our first, last, and only stay at a Drury property. The only positive comment I can make is the room is decent; however, it is not the room I reserved. I selected this hotel because we are traveling with our two small dogs and need a pet friendly hotel. Drury advertises that it is pet friendly. I called prior to our stay and was told via telephone that the Drury Meridian is, in fact, pet friendly. Not so fast - if the truth had been told, or advertised, the Drury allows pets only on some floors. I reserved a non-smoking, two room suite with king bed. When we arrived, we were offered a room with twin beds! We were told the room we reserved was not on a pet floor. I made it very clear when making the reservation that we would be bringing to dogs. At no time was I informed that the room I reserved was not on a pet floor, or that there were specific pet floors. We requested to see the manager and were told by the person at the desk that she is the manager. Although I find it hard to believe that the person we dealt with manages anything, that might explain some of the problems - abysmal management. It took almost 30 minutes of arguing with her to get anything done. She offered no apology. When I told her that I planned to go online and review the property accordingly, her only response was "ok." Drury Meridian must have enough business. We should have been given the king suite on any floor, since that is what we reserved. Since we now know that the Drury advertises itself as pet friendly when it is, at best, somewhat pet friendly and guest hostile, we will not stay at any Drury in the future. I would suggest those traveling with pets look elsewhere - we will. If it had not been late, we would have looked for another hotel.

Room Tip: Not all floors are pet friendly - reserve with caution and be prepared for problems.
5 Thank Jo S
Alabama
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Another great Drury property! I have stayed here twice and have been very please both times. Rooms are spacious and clean and if you don't want to have to venture out after checking in...this is the place to be! The evening free food offerings are more than enough to fill you up, if you want a bedtime snack the free popcorn fits the bill and their free breakfast is a great start for your day! I REALLY wish they had more hotels in areas I frequent because I don't think I would stay anywhere else!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Athens, AL
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Second stay here in less than a year. Front desk improvement 100% since then. Room was 100% all the way around. Clean, neat, good furnishings. Bathroom first rate. Breakfast area...well kept, clean with friendly staff servicing the breakfast food/area. Plenty of food choices. No complaints whatsoever.

I'll return on next trip to New Orleans!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ashburn, Va
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This Drury Inn was my second stay at the chain - I was very impressed with the size of the 2 room suite we booked. We were traveling with my dog and 3 kids, and there are plenty of restaurants nearby to pick up dinner from. We will stay again on our trips back and forth to visit family!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family