“Still a nice spot 18 months later...”

Drury Inn & Suites Meridian
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Meridian
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I stayed here in late October for two nights, having stayed during April 2010 and written a review below. It's still a new property and very good value. The hotel seems well-built with substantial materials and the rooms (no matter which side of the building) are quiet. My room faced north away from the interstate this time and, like my room facing the highway last time, was dead quiet.

The gym is very nice, with three treadmills of high quality, a couple other cardio machines and a large flat-screen TV on the wall. The breakfast was quite good, too, having hot and cold options. A bonus is the food in the evening. You can make a dinner out of the hors d'oeuvres served. (The chicken strips and BBQ sauce were particularly tasty.) They also serve beer and wine. This is all embedded in the room rate and makes the hotel a particularly good deal. The restaurant staff was extremely friendly and efficient.

I still find the Drury Inn in Meridian better value than the Hilton Garden Inn across the street. I stayed in the hotel with two other colleagues this time and each of them had nothing but complimentary things to say about the property.

A Logan's Roadhouse and Applebee's are next door on one side and a Buffalo Wild Wings on the other in case you want food and don't want to get in the car. I fins no other reason to stay anywhere else in Meridian given the value of the Drury Inin.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Meridian

Reviewed November 3, 2011

We enjoyed the amenities in this hotel... Flat screen TV, microwave, refrigerator, comfortable bed, WIFI, great evening snacks/drinks, outstanding HOT breakfast buffet (eggs, sausage, biscuits, French toast, waffles, the usual fare, and great coffee). Staff was competent and friendly. There is a Logan's Roadhose in walking distance plus other nearby options. We would definitely stay there again. Great value for the price.

Room Tip: Even our room by the elevator was quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2011

There is a row of hotels in Meridian off of I55; we chose the Drury because we had enjoyed the hotel in another city. The price was only $99 for a good-sized room with a king bed. The bed was very comfortable and the room was nice and clean. There is free WiFi and long distance. I ended up calling my mother on the spur of the moment.

The exercise room was pretty basic (just treadmill & elyptical - no weights), but the pool looked nice. We skipped the free dinner because it is all junk food. The breakfast was the standard hotel hot breakfast - eggs, sausage, donuts, toast, cereal. There is a coffee maker in the room that makes one cup at a time. My husband, a Community Coffee addict, said the coffee was awful; I thought it tasted OK.

All in all, a really good place for the price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DustyBuck
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Such a nice surprise. A newish hotel with clean, comfy rooms, a nice happy hour and good breakfast. They also do accept pets. I would certainly stay here again if the opportunity arises. I stayed for 104 per night and it was MUCH nicer than the Sheraton that we stayed in the two previous nights for 199.00 per night plus parking fees and no breakfast or happy hour included.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This hotel has nice, clean comfortable rooms at a fair price and you don't have to leave until you check out! That's because they have complimentary cocktails and heavy snacks in the evening and a good breakfast buffet in the morning. We enjoyed our brief stay.

Room Tip: book directly with the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2011

It's nice here. They have snacks every night if you're starving, and three small cocktails per night. It is Meridian, so this is your best option. Definitely a 3 star option, but I like that so many extras are included, so I'll give it four.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2011

My wife and I stayed here and were perfectly happy with our room. The hotel must be fairly new as everything look immaculate. The grounds were groomed and landscaped nicely. The location was the best. Adjacent to several very nice restaurants etc. You cannot go wrong staying here and it is a pet friendly hotel on top of everything else.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple