“WONDERFUL. BIG IMPROVEMENT FROM BEFORE.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in McComb
smurfbabymckenzie
“WONDERFUL. BIG IMPROVEMENT FROM BEFORE.”
Reviewed November 3, 2009

At Check In the desk clerk "Nikki" was very helpful, professional and sweet. My room was a great surprise......The room had new drapes, new carpet, new comforter,and very fresh and clean when you walked in. The bathroom was very celan and nice. The next morning I ask the lady at the desk had staff changed because everything was so clean and nice. She did say that they had changed housekeeping supervisors and maint. personel. I could tell the difference. BREAKFAST WAS EXCELLENT ALSO.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York, NY
Reviewed October 18, 2008

We were in McComb visiting family and really wanted to stay at TripAdvisor's #1 rated hotel there, the Holiday Inn Express, but no rooms were available there. So, we opted for the #2 rated Comfort Inn.

We took two adjoining rooms. One for me and our newborn, and another for my husband and our pre-schooler. My first room (200) was a King "suite" but this was merely a King sized-bed, with a half wall and a couch on the other side of it. It was a fairly large, fairly clean room, but there was an awful mold smell that I traced right to the A/C. There, in the vent, I could see huge puffs of mold.

The staff downstairs was very polite and apologetic, and swtiched rooms for me instantly. I was assigned a room (210) about 10 doors away from my husband's, but we immediately went out to join family, and I never saw my room until bed time. When I got back that night, there was mold in this A/C as well - though less than in my first room - and the carpet was disgusting. It was moist and matted and filthy and I could not imagine putting my feet on it. There was also a small cigarette burn in my comforter cover. Between the mold smell and the truly nasty carpet, I was unhappy. I later found out that the mattress was very uncomfortable. I woke up with a backache, and I usually do fine on hotel/motel beds. Since it was late and the baby was sleeping I didn't attempt to change rooms.

On the upside, the bathroom was clean, and my shower the next morning was good. Hot water was plentiful and the water pressure was strong. The next morning we were satisfied with the continental breakfast. Lots of diffent teas, cereals and pastries to chose from, which was good enough for us. Thankfully, that was our only night in McComb.

The night before we spent $79 per room at the Jackson Marriott, which was truly a lovely hotel with very clean, spacious and comfortable rooms. The following night, we spent $80 per room at the Fairfield Inn in Pearl, MS, right near the airport. Also clean and comfortable rooms. The Comfort Inn was the most expensive, at $89 per room (the King "suite" would have been $95 if we had not moved) and the least appealing by far.

I liked the Comfort Inn staff so much that I was sorry that the room was such a disappointment. The manager left notes in each room that he should be contacted directly if there was any problem, but I didn't call. Honestly, there was no way he could not know that he had a mold problem at his motel, and that he had at least one (if not more) room with seriously filthy carpeting. To be fair, the King "suite" I originally had, didn't have a filthy carpet and neither did my husband's room. I can't speak to any of the other rooms, but if this is the second best motel in all of McComb, then I would recommend that travelers stay in another town, like Brookhaven (20 minutes away)
instead.

Stayed October 2008

Travelers are raving about these McComb hotels

Chicago
Reviewed September 6, 2007

I stayed here 3 nights for business. The front desk staff was appropriate in check in, but none of the staff really appeared to go above and beyond.

The room was clean and updated. The bed was quite comfortable and there were lots of pillows available. Parking was adequate, even though if arriving late at night, be prepared for trucks or vehicles with trailers to be parked across the normal car spaces.

The pool was small and outdoor. It is located right off the road and as you enter the parking lot so there is a lot of traffic driving by and little privacy from many truck drivers who are parked along the road to rest.

Continental breakfast was adequate consisting of muffins, bagels, cereal, waffles that the staff would prepare for you. Dining options in the area consist of mainly fast food.

Wireless internet worked well during my entire trip, however there was not a printer to print airline boarding passes.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank taffy2001
Georgia
Reviewed July 26, 2006

The service was excellent. The reviewer before me was correct Dwight does make the best waffles. The staff went out of their way. The room was okay, but they added little things to make you appear like you were in a large hotel. They have DSL internet service but its not wireless bring your ethernet cord. They do have ethernet cords at the front desk for you to borrow but not many. My coworkers stayed in surrounding hotels and I was the only one without complaints. You should stay here. It's worth it.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Would have preferred interior corridors, but what can you do about that.
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring your ethernet cord for internet
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Shannon H
New Orleans
Reviewed April 20, 2006

Professional, delightful staff. Dwight will make fresh waffles in the morning in addition to the other free breakfast offerings. Clean, comfortably furnished rooms with microwave, sm. refridgerator, coffee pot, and iron with ironing board. Smiling, friendly employees obviously take pride in their jobs - making our stay pleasant was their main focus. Free in-room DSL access and a guest computer in a small business center rounded out the amenities in this well thought-out hotel. I'll definitely stay there next time I'm in McComb.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank Lulunolu
Also consider these accommodations in or near McComb
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brookhaven
Hampton Inn Brookhaven
Hampton Inn Brookhaven
#2 of 8 in Brookhaven

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!