“Not the same as my first stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites McComb
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in McComb
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I stayed at this property when it first opened and was very pleased with the property. I was looking forward to another visit but this time it was nightmare. Upon check in the elevator was broken and after walking up the stairs with luggage my room was HOT. I called the front desk and within an hour someone came and changed it but it never cooled. Around 10 PM i tried to take shower and only a few drops of water came out and the toilets didn't flush. I called the front desk and was advised that the water was out in the entire hotel! I was very dissappointed especially since I bragged to others in my group about my first stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank damck2

Reviewed March 30, 2010

All of the employees of this hotel were so friendly and helpful. I haven't experienced that level of professional, helpful service in any other hotel lately. The room was very quiet and the breakfast was hot, delicious, and varied each of the 3 mornings that we spent there.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2010

This Hampton has easy access to I-55. Several restaurants and a Wal-Mart are close by.
No major faults with the hotel but have had better Hampton experiences. Seems ready for some upgrading of facility and amenities. Recommend if this location will assist with travel plans.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2010

I'm normally a great fan of Hampton Inn hotels, but our experience during this stay showed room for improvement. The room overall was what I've come to expect; large, well furnished, comfortable beds, choice of three pillow types, wi-fi, etc. At first appearance the room and bathroom appeared clean and well maintained. The furniture, bedding, draperies, towels, amenities, were all nice quality. The bathroom had a high counter of granite and a spa feel to it. The shower water pressure was outstanding. Unfortunately as the evening progressed we noted the following areas for improvement: 1-Toilet stool was not securely attached to the floor and had a pronounce rock. We did not notice this until we were well settled into our room, so decided to grin and bear it. This could have been a problem for an older person or child with balance issues. 2 - As mentioned by others, the air conditioner sounded like a 747 was landing in the room. 3-Probably overly picky on my part; but as I was washing my face I noted toothpaste (not mine) on the underside of the counter where it overlapped the sink.
The breakfast was great. The business center also the best. The cardio equipment in the fitness room was of professional quality. The staff was exceptionally pleasant and helpful. Upon checkout we reported the issue with the toilet, but the staff member didn't appear to understand the problem until my spouse provided a lengthy explanation.

Even with the areas for improvement we were still happy with our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2009

My stay at this hotel beyond exceeded my expectations! I honestly was not expecting much, considering it's located in McComb, Mississippi, but was I ever wrong. The beds were plush and very comfortable, and the linen smelled like they had just been washed. There was a heated indoor pool and laundry facilities available. And did I mention the lobby? It was beautifully decorated. I would most certainly recommed this hotel to anyone who is like me and expects excellence and will settle for nothing less!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank MsSweeetTea
Reviewed November 9, 2009

I enjoyed my stay. I needed special accommodations, and the staff was more than happy to find what I needed, and made sure we were satisfied. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. The air/heating system is loud, but it didn't bother me. I plan on staying here every time I'm in town.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2009

I almost did not book my coworkers and I at this hotel because of the AC reviews that I read on Trip Advisor but I am glad that I decided to take a chance. The hotel and the staff were absolutely wonderful....who would have thought that this would be in McComb, Ms. We normally stay in Brookhaven but have found a new home. The manager's reception on Tuesday and Wednesday nights is wonderful, not just finger foods, they really feed you. I will be returning and will tell everyone about this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near McComb
Holiday Inn Express
#5 of 9 in McComb
Hampton Inn Brookhaven
Hampton Inn Brookhaven
#2 of 8 in Brookhaven

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites McComb? Share your experiences!