“Hamptons Never Disappoint Me”

Hampton Inn & Suites McComb
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in McComb
Thibodaux, Louisiana
“Hamptons Never Disappoint Me”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was in McComb last week for my granddaughter's birthday party. Three other grandchildren were with me. All 4 of them stayed overnight to have a slumber party, and there was plenty enough room for all of us. The abundant drawer space and the small refrigerator were helpful for storing all of their "stuff" so Grannie could navigate safely through the room. While they frolicked in the clean, indoor pool, I relaxed in the hot tub. The hot breakfast was convenient, and the children enjoyed watching me make their waffles. Nice selection of cereals and pastries. My only complaint would be the 'prefab scrambled eggs' and the smoked sausage for breakfast. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall, I would certainly recommend this property to others, and will stay there again when I visit with my daughter and her family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jeana S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites McComb, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our team looks forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lakeland, TN
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is the hotel of our choice when we visit McComb. Nice location, near the interstate and plenty of shopping and restaurants. I request a room away from the interstate to cut out the interstate noise. Always clean rooms and bathrooms and friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MSBENNY
Jeana S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites McComb, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and your positive review, and our team looks forward to serving you again in the future.
KCMO
Reviewed September 24, 2012

As Hampton Inns go this one was pretty ordinary to a little disappointing. The room wasn't as clean as I'd like and our air conditioner was not put back together properly so it wasn't working quite right. We had a smoke smell in our room which was looked into quickly. We thought it was our air conditioner but it turned out to be smoke from a fire outside somewhere. Overall it wasn't awful, just pretty ordinary

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BilboKcmo
Jeana S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites McComb, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us in McComb. We appreciate hearing from our guests and apologize that your room was not up to our usual high standards. Our maintenance team has fixed the air conditioner in your room, however I apologize that it was an issue during your stay. Please accept our apology for the unfortunate smoke smell from the nearby grass fire and that you did not feel your room was as fresh as it could have been. We will keep your comments in mind as we continually work to improve our overall guest experience. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I was blown away by the friendliness AND helpfulness of the front desk staff, particularly Patty, Ciara and Josh. They had directions, dining recommendations, and helpful hints. My room was huge, very clean, and I had a better sleep while there then I have had at home in months.

Had breakfast early one morning, late the next, but there was always plenty - omelets, bacon, oatmeal, and waffles -- with sugar free syrup available.

Housekeeping was great. There were the usual shampoo, etc amenities, and mouthwash as well, a nice touch.

I have been so spoiled I doubt I would willingly pass up any Hampton in the future.

Room Tip: Junior suites are at end of hall, a hike if you are in poor shape like me, but worth the effort. Ver...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Brandon
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I recently stayed overnight at this hotel. It is a typical Hampton Inn property. The lobby is very spacious and has a large flat screen televison with comfortable couches and chairs to sit. The breakfast area was clean with several tables and the typical breakfast fare of cereal, muffins, and a waffle iron to make waffles with their pre-made batter.

The room was clean and nicely decorated. The hotel is very close to the interstate but you do not hear road noise.

There is an indoor pool area with a hot tub and a separate fitness area. The pool is on the small side but there were not too many people swimming. It could get crowded easily though. The pool is 3 ft. deep on both ends and 5 ft. in the center. The indoor pool area was unbearably hot and humid. I am not sure how that could be fixed. It was very uncomfortable.

Overall I was pleased with this property.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jackson Miss.
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stayed here on business trip. Its on the Interstate (I20), convenient location. Its a relatively hotel, happy employees, clean, large rooms, comfortable beds. Price was pretty good. Breakfast in the morning was standard complimentary coffee, danish, fruits, etc.

I was pleased. I doubt I will ever again need a hotel in McComb, Mississippi, but if I do, I will stay here. Overall good experience. Thumbs up.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank JacksonGuy
Morrison, Colorado
Reviewed May 8, 2012

If you have stayed at the Hampton Inn chain at all you know what to expect. This property is clean, tidy, and sports the newest Hampton Inn decor. That being said there is not much to distinguish it.

The hotel may be the best in the McComb area. It is near enough to the Interstate to be easily accessible, but not so close as to be noisy. There are several chain restaurants in the vicinity, but nothing special. Most of the electro/mechanical parts of the hotel seem to work, except for my stay I had a broken desk chair and a noisy air conditioner.

So, If Hampton Inns are your "thing", or you need to stay in the McComb area, this is your place.

Room Tip: First floor rooms at South end nearest the kitchen (126 & 127) reek of cooking smells in the ear...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cigano-Gitano
HamptonInn_MC, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites McComb, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
We are glad that you stayed with us and appreciate you taking the time to review our property. We apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with your desk chair and a/c. We strive to make sure that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything that we could have done to make your stay better. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Ann Seago-Coney
General manager
601-249-4116
Also consider these accommodations in or near McComb
Holiday Inn Express
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 9 in McComb
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brookhaven

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites McComb? Share your experiences!