“agree with other review---its going down hill.”

Hampton Inn & Suites McComb
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in McComb
Memphis
“agree with other review---its going down hill.”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This was a great hotel and a really good deal but the facilities have been declining over the last couple of years. Its a shame because it really is not that old of a building. The pool is not as clean as it should be. Its getting to the point that I will not get in it. Lots of hair and debris in the whirlpool. The housekeeper only halfway cleaned our room---literally, she made one bed but not the other. The employees help themselves to the breakfast bar leaving almost nothing for guests. And they do seem lazy. They take lots of breaks. I see them talking in the hallways, eating in the lobby or smoking out back....more breaks than working. And it shows because the accomodations are not that clean and not that well maintained.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TCnTN
HamptonInn_MC, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites McComb, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your concerns about the Hampton Inn & Suites McComb. As the General Manager I take all the information gained from our guests seriously. This information has been reviewed with my team members to correct the deficiencies you mentioned. I would like the opportunity to speak with you about your stay and offer our 100% satisfaction guarantee. Please contact me at your earliest convenience by email at ann.seago@hilton.com, or by calling the hotel direct at 601-249-4116.

Ann Seago

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
West Michigan
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Loved the facility, staff was very friendly and very helpful. One glitch, the electric lock at the pool locked us IN the pool area. :(

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Baton Rouge
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I stayed at this property when it first opened and was very pleased with the property. I was looking forward to another visit but this time it was nightmare. Upon check in the elevator was broken and after walking up the stairs with luggage my room was HOT. I called the front desk and within an hour someone came and changed it but it never cooled. Around 10 PM i tried to take shower and only a few drops of water came out and the toilets didn't flush. I called the front desk and was advised that the water was out in the entire hotel! I was very dissappointed especially since I bragged to others in my group about my first stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank damck2
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 30, 2010

All of the employees of this hotel were so friendly and helpful. I haven't experienced that level of professional, helpful service in any other hotel lately. The room was very quiet and the breakfast was hot, delicious, and varied each of the 3 mornings that we spent there.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
NY
Reviewed March 22, 2010

This Hampton has easy access to I-55. Several restaurants and a Wal-Mart are close by.
No major faults with the hotel but have had better Hampton experiences. Seems ready for some upgrading of facility and amenities. Recommend if this location will assist with travel plans.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Holden, Missouri
Reviewed February 26, 2010

I'm normally a great fan of Hampton Inn hotels, but our experience during this stay showed room for improvement. The room overall was what I've come to expect; large, well furnished, comfortable beds, choice of three pillow types, wi-fi, etc. At first appearance the room and bathroom appeared clean and well maintained. The furniture, bedding, draperies, towels, amenities, were all nice quality. The bathroom had a high counter of granite and a spa feel to it. The shower water pressure was outstanding. Unfortunately as the evening progressed we noted the following areas for improvement: 1-Toilet stool was not securely attached to the floor and had a pronounce rock. We did not notice this until we were well settled into our room, so decided to grin and bear it. This could have been a problem for an older person or child with balance issues. 2 - As mentioned by others, the air conditioner sounded like a 747 was landing in the room. 3-Probably overly picky on my part; but as I was washing my face I noted toothpaste (not mine) on the underside of the counter where it overlapped the sink.
The breakfast was great. The business center also the best. The cardio equipment in the fitness room was of professional quality. The staff was exceptionally pleasant and helpful. Upon checkout we reported the issue with the toilet, but the staff member didn't appear to understand the problem until my spouse provided a lengthy explanation.

Even with the areas for improvement we were still happy with our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Mississippi
Reviewed December 26, 2009

My stay at this hotel beyond exceeded my expectations! I honestly was not expecting much, considering it's located in McComb, Mississippi, but was I ever wrong. The beds were plush and very comfortable, and the linen smelled like they had just been washed. There was a heated indoor pool and laundry facilities available. And did I mention the lobby? It was beautifully decorated. I would most certainly recommed this hotel to anyone who is like me and expects excellence and will settle for nothing less!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank MsSweeetTea
Also consider these accommodations in or near McComb
Holiday Inn Express
Hampton Inn Brookhaven
Hampton Inn Brookhaven
#2 of 8 in Brookhaven
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brookhaven

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites McComb? Share your experiences!