“Much better than the alternatives.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Magee

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Magee
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Magee
“Much better than the alternatives.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed one night while passing through. The lady at the desk, Peggy, was wonderful. She was polite and helpful, which is somewhat rare these days. We were in a handicap accessible room, which is much larger than average rooms. The bath was fitted for the handicap, complete with a seat and low shower head. This is wonderful for guests needing those amenities, but not so great for those who don't. The shower head was adjustable, but only a little. My 6'3" husband certainly would not have been able to shower in that bathroom without being seated, and neither was I, and I stand only 5'3". This would not be the case for other rooms, though. The breakfast was pretty standard, and was neither exceptional or terrible. Room was pretty clean (although I did find many hairs all over the bathroom, which grosses me out but isn't indicative of poor housekeeping) and very comfortable. We have stayed across the street at the newer Best Western and greatly prefer this Holiday Inn Select. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Faithina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay at this clean, beautifully appointed, quiet hotel. Great breakfast and go-the-extra-mile staff. We accidentally left clothes in our room on departure. When we returned a week later they were handed to us cheerfully with a firm refusal of a tip and "We appreciate your business. Come back again!" answer. They're on my "Always Remember This Hotel" list. You MUST stay here. Tell Peggy hello. She'll take good care of you. :-)))

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Conway, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

We'd planned to stop in Jackson on our trip to Destin to break up the trip. It was very late, and we were very tired. My husband kept thinking there would be accommodations on the far side of Jackson. But no. There was no choice but to keep driving. Then, like the proverbial gold at the end of the rainbow, there appeared in the near-midnight sky a shining Holiday Inn Express in Magee, Mississippi. It was quite new, and the desk staff truly understood our request for a QUIET room. We were on the top floor at the end of the hall. At breakfast the next morning, the lady who supervised the coffee shop room was efficient and friendly. We ended up talking with her about all sorts of things we had in common. As we left, a sweet silver-haired lady said, "Here! Take two bottles of good, cold water!" Thank goodness for kind people.

Room Tip: Top floor, end of the hall; on one side is nothing but a storage closet!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I stopped here on our way to Florida. We arrived at 11pm, and check-in was a breeze! The front desk assistant had our key and care package (cookies, crackers, & candy) ready when my husband walked through the door. Our room was beautiful and clean with modern decor. The bed was very comfortable, and we were both impressed with the room and the service, especially for a great price. They also offered instant check-out, so we didn't have to stop by the desk in the morning either. Excellent :) We left before breakfast and didn't explore the area, so I can't comment on that, but everything else was wonderful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Originally planned to stay at LaQuinta in Jackson. Pulled in, cancelled our reservation there and pulled right out. My husband was too nervous to even park our Escalade in the lot due to the shadiness of the LaQuinta. I was a wreck, scrambling to find another hotel in route to Destin and found this Holiday Inn with great reviews. I called them direct and got a better rate (by $10) than what was on this site and others. We still got to take our 3-yr old swimming at their indoor pool and the shower heads easily accommodate a 6'4 man. Breakfast attendant was a great as the reviews say and the biscuits and gravy were awesome too.
Only hiccup we had was AM desk attendant lady was a little crabby when we asked her to unlock the pool for us since my daughter left her float, but she handed my husband the keys and we recovered it. Maybe she hadnt had her coffee yet? It was 6:45-7AM?

• Stayed September 2013
Oxford, Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Magee, MS for five days and four nights. The first few nights were fine, the hotel seemed clean and safe. However, on the third night the fire alarm went off at 5 am, 6 am, and 6:40 am. As I walked out of my room I saw water coming from the other end of the hotel. To make matters worse, when I returned to my room after being outside waiting for the alarm to be turned off, I found a large roach in my bath tub. While the staff was friendly and the hotel appeared to be very clean and well kept, overall my stay was sub par and I will not stay at this property again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Erin S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Magee, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Erin S,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. We are pleased to know you found our friendly staff commendable. However, we were sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay as we always strive to provide a unique experience to all our guests. We sincerely apologize for any discomfort you experienced caused by the fire alarm and cleanliness of the bathroom. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience and your comments will certainly help us to improve the process.

We hope that you will afford us another opportunity to showcase our usual levels of service.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Needed a place to stop on our way to Florida. I read the reviews on this hotel and they were all good so we stopped. We always try to find a hotel with an indoor pool for the grandkids. The rooms were clean, the pool was great and the breakfast was really good. The biscuits & gravy were awesome. The staff were all very friendly. Lots of places to get a bite to eat without driving very far. Overall it was a nice place for a stop over. We will stay again next time we're headed that way. All right on the hwy so no trying to find things.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank razorbackfans
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magee
BEST WESTERN PLUS Magee Inn and Suites
Liberty Inn Collins
Liberty Inn Collins
#1 of 2 in Collins
Western Hotel
Western Hotel
#3 of 4 in Magee

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Magee? Share your experiences!