“HAD LOST FAITH PEOPLE LIKE THIS EXISTED ANYMORE”

Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Madison
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Madison
Houston, Texas, United States
“HAD LOST FAITH PEOPLE LIKE THIS EXISTED ANYMORE”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

While traveling from Houston to Illinois I was caught in a hail storm along I55 on March 18,2013. The hail storm cracked my windshield rendering my vehicle unsafe to drive. I pulled into the first Hotel I came to, not knowing, I had fallen upon great fortune pulling in to the Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Madison. The General Manager Mr. Coleman and the entire staff have gone over and above to help me in any way they could to assist me through this unexpected event. Mere words can hardly express my deep seated gratitude for the kindness and compassion I found here. Thank you to each and everyone of you. This experience has restored my faith in humankind. I will be leaving tomorrow and can honestly say, I feel I'm leaving behind new found friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa S
rbolanos, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Madison, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
We are so glad to have been of service to you during your time in Jackson. We hope you had safe travels home and look forward to seeing the postcard of the white squirrels. We look forward to seeing you again if you're ever in the Jackson-metro area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Arkansas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hotel is in a great location and does have a fabulous gated patio to snuggle up by the outdoor fireplace in the evening - BUT - what a crummy bed. The mattress was just awful. The sheets were very thin and flimsy and I was a little 'skeeved out' at the comforter. The straw that broke the camels's back, so to say, was the pillows. These were absolutely the worst pillows I have ever had on a hotel stay.

Hotel staff was very professional, but the duo that checked us in were not very friendly. Lobby coffee was very good. The lady behind the desk the next morning directed us to a fabulous breakfast spot - The Broken Egg. What a great recommendation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
rbolanos, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Madison, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for the review. I am so sorry that your mattress was uncomfortable. We sincerely value your feedback and I will alert the appropriate departments about the issues from your stay. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity next time you’re in town.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel and both times I found the staff outstanding. The room was quiet, spotless and ready when we arrived. The breakfast is not included but reasonably priced with some items on the buffet freshly prepared per your request.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review! We are so glad you enjoyed our hot, cooked to order breakfast and that your had a pleasant stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!
houston, tx
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The staff here were very accommodating, and the breakfast crew provided a very good and quick breakfast. The morning coffee bar is great, as is the free in-room WIFI. Yet our room needs updating. One of the toilet seat hinges was broken!! And our mattress was more like a hammock and needs replacing...room 501.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
rbolanos, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Madison, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I am so sorry that one of the toilet seats was broken and that your mattress was not comfortable. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Again, I thank you for your review and assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.
Mississippi
Reviewed February 12, 2013

After a long day of travel, the front desk staff can really make/break your evening. Our evening was made by the helpful service and comfortable accomodations. Breakfast was very good, and again, restaurant staff was very, very polite and helpful. Clean and comfortable and good customer service---all that we want in a hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
rbolanos, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Madison, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Madison. We hope to see you again soon!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last night on business. Check-in was super fast and the clerk even asked if I had enrolled in the double points promo with Hilton! When I arrived in my room, there was water, soft drinks and a box of locally made cheese straws with a "Welcome Back" note from the housekeeper. I did use the gym - I had it to myself which was awesome. They have 2 ellipticals, 2 treadmills, 1 recumbent bike and weight lifting equipment. I had the breakfast - $9.95 and worth every penny. Everything was fantastic but what stands out the most was Gia, my hostess & server. She was running the breakfast area like a machine - all by herself, I might add. I have never seen any one person by so efficient and juggle so many tasks at once so as to keep everything moving and everyone happy. She offered to take my toast & made to order omelet to my table after they were done. She offered to get me anything I wanted. Kudos to HGI for hiring Gia. She deserves whatever highest award this hotel gives to employees and deserves a spot on Conrad's Wall of Fame, if there is such a thing! This will more than likely be my go-to hotel in the Jackson area from now on. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
rbolanos, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Madison, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us last week. I will pass the compliment along to Gia - she is outstanding and we are proud to have her on our team!

Rachel Bolanos
Director of Sales
Texas
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I usually don't stay in Hiltons because the rooms are too expensive, they charge for internet, and charge for breakfast. This hotel is a TOTALLY different experience. The staff was as friendly a group of people as I have ever encountered in a hotel. The rooms were spotless and the beds were incredibly comfortable. The breakfast bar was really really delicious and there was a coffee bar available in the lobby with fresh coffee every two hours. I will definitely be using Hilton Garden Inns more and more. Wow!

Room Tip: I just asked for one that didn't face any highway.